Needing a website built

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing a website built

Just like the title states. I need a website build and I don't know who to trust. I've found people charging 300.00 and I've found huge companies starting out at 5,000 for a site, which I can't afford that.

I also don't want a website just to say I have one. I want it to be professional and towards the top on google, yahoo etc..I understand SEO requires a monthly fee with most developers, but what do you guys suggest ?

Who to host it ? Who to build it ? Prices you've paid for a website and can I see it ?

I made a website about 2 weeks ago. I've already picked up 4 new jobs from it. I watched a video on youtube which helped me make it. it wasn't too bad. I could help u, no charge. go to gatorhost.com pick ur domain name. gatorhost will be you host. I paid 12 bucks for domain name and 7 something a month for hosting. after you have done that it will take you to a page called your control panel, find quick instal, install WordPress. Word Press is free and it has many already made themes that you can pick from and make a page built off of it. you can check mine out. its not perfect theres still more I want to add. but since ive already picked up 4 accounts from it, its not to bad
    charleshenricks.com
    if you wnt help with it I could help u over phone or Skype or on here just let me know. good luck

Comment

sorry that website is hostgator.com I had it backwards

Comment

I made a website about 2 weeks ago. I've already picked up 4 new jobs from it.
        How did they navigate your site? This is what the header looks like on my end, with both Firefox and IE.

siteheader.jpg

Comment

Just like the title states. I need a website build and I don't know who to trust. I've found people charging 300.00 and I've found huge companies starting out at 5,000 for a site, which I can't afford that.

I also don't want a website just to say I have one. I want it to be professional and towards the top on google, yahoo etc..I understand SEO requires a monthly fee with most developers, but what do you guys suggest ?

Who to host it ? Who to build it ? Prices you've paid for a website and can I see it ?
          I use Arvixe for my host, and can't remember it ever having any downtime or loading issues. I forget the hosting cost but they always have coupon codes.

As far as the layout, it's an open canvas. I never cared much for those drag-and-drop editors since you can't really control what you want to. Just too many limitations. I prefer to find a free template and make it the way I want. There are thousands available.

SEO isn't hard if you can spare a few hours a week or so to submit your business to various sites. There's no need to pay anyone a Monthly fee or any fee for SEO.

Comment

How did they navigate your site? This is what the header looks like on my end, with both Firefox and IE.

[ATTACH]6885[/ATTACH]
            I don't know why it shows up like that on yours. I don't have that problem.

Comment

Try freelancer.com to build a website.

You can bid what you want to pay. As for SEO, I suggest not paying someone and learning yourself. Any company who says they can make your site #1 on google is a downright lie. Read up on it, study it, and apply it to your new site.

SEO is (to me) very boring! It took me a while to learn about it, but it's paid off.

Comment

Have you ever messed around with word press?

You can experiment with one for free here https://wordpress.com/

Then you can register your own domain name and get wordpress installed on your site and add content to it as you grow.
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I went to wix.com and did one myself. Cost was about $150.00 for everything.
                  Check it out www.huberslawnlandscaping.com Maybe you could come up with something like this for yourself and save a ton of money.

Comment

I actually used to build websites as a business and can tell you that they are not easy if you want a customer site. However, for lawn care, you really don't need anything crazy. I would just use a website builder such as Wix or Webs.com As far as SEO, many of these larger places will offer SEO optimization for a small monthly fee. It is basic and will not likely get you to the top of page 1, but I still get many hits from Google and others. Unless you are in a tech-savvy area, I would build basic site, put it on every piece of marketing material you have (cards, trucks, signs, facebook, etc.) and focus on other means of customer leads, such as lawn signs, door to door, lead generating services, etc.

Comment

website

Try to find a highschool or college kid who knows WordPress or Joomla. I have an IT degree and have done them using multiple methods. Using Wix looks cheap, in my opinion find someone who knows Joomla. Try to work a trade for the site you may come out with little out of pocket expense.

Comment

Steve is right about Wordpress. Take a look at Wix as well.
                        integritylawnpro.com

Comment

Dropbox website hosting

I am not to knowledgeable about websites, but they have always intrigued me. Look into a program called "Dropbox" and then do some googling with drop box and website hosting. There are several options to go with and best of all it is free

As with most third party web hosting they have their name before yours in the URL, but I do not think it is to expensive to have it removed. I think one of the web hosting services through dropbox is called, pancake.io and the other is droppages.com.

So for example if you were to go to www.hdl.droppages.com, you would find me, but all you will see right now is a template. Hope this helps.

Here is the link to get started

http://droppages.com/
                          Last edited by moteinsun; 09-27-2015, 12:32 PM.

Comment

If you would like to check out my guy here is his site. Can't hurt to at least get some pricing from him.

www.anotherbradidea.com

He does it all from building, to hosting, backups, SEO all depends on what you want from him.

Here is the site he did for me. www.birchslawncare.com

If you do contact him just let him know you got his name from Chuck.

Comment

Here's the issue with paying for cheap websites... they are almost ALWAYS low quality. It's either that or you have someone selling you a wordpress site with a theme and some plugins installed.

Almost always, they have no idea how to do proper SEO, and your website will most likely not even rank on search engines, which is incredibly important if you want any type of local visibility.

If you're looking for just a website that you can tack onto a business card and flyers so you can hand them out in person, then that may be ok. However, if you're looking for a longterm and sustainable marketing method, it's not the best route to go, if you want consistent autopilot traffic and leads.

$5000 for a website is not uncommon... however, you'll have to make sure the agency knows what they're doing to SEO your site so it ranks on search engines.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X