X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve
    started a topic Google Places

Google Places

Have you added your business to google places yet?

You can do so here. http://www.google.com/business/placesforbusiness/

Once you add your business to the listing, your work is not done. Next step is to ask your customers who are happy with your service to please give you positive reviews on the site.

• BLC7
    replied
    Now would be more of the time to try this out as spring is coming. Who knows, you might find it brings you in customers. Make sure you ask people when they call where they heard of you.

Have you experimented with adwords? Any insights into it so far?
    Yes its highly effective if set up properly. Bidding for a broad term like "lawn service" without any parameters will serve your ad nationwide and is a waste of money.

You either need to attach the city to your keyword or target your service area only....

Leave a comment:

• BLC7
    replied
    The only problem I had with Google Ads was I was getting hits from people that didn't live anywhere near me and each one cost me.
    I did it for $100.00 which I got for free from Google but didn't find it did anything special.
    If you use broad match nationwide that will happen. However you can target a specific radius around your central location. Anyone outside this radius will not see your ad.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Were you able to track to see if any new customers came from those ads or no?

Leave a comment:

• Ducke
    replied
    The only problem I had with Google Ads was I was getting hits from people that didn't live anywhere near me and each one cost me.
    I did it for $100.00 which I got for free from Google but didn't find it did anything special.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Now would be more of the time to try this out as spring is coming. Who knows, you might find it brings you in customers. Make sure you ask people when they call where they heard of you.

Just put your daily budget at $20-40 and keep an eye on it after day 3
    Have you experimented with adwords? Any insights into it so far?

Leave a comment:

• BLC7
    replied

... they also send me $200 worth of ad credit every month that I never use... Basically, all that crap is just a way to trap you into paying them if you don't opt out in time... actually, even if you opt out they pretend you didn't

Hey Cheese,

You should take advantage of the adwords spend.. $200 will go a long way... Just put your daily budget at $20-40 and keep an eye on it after day 3... when you get close to the $200 mark, shut it down.

Rinse, repeat.

Leave a comment:

• CHEESE2009
    replied
    Don't they send a post card to your address to confirm it or no?
    I believe so. Not sure how I got away with having my company displayed multiple times, but it is! lol

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    You don't even need to put your exact home address, any location will do (e.g.: town name, proximity, etc)
    Don't they send a post card to your address to confirm it or no?

Leave a comment:

• CHEESE2009
    replied
    Have you added your business to google places yet?

You can do so here. http://www.google.com/business/placesforbusiness/

Once you add your business to the listing, your work is not done. Next step is to ask your customers who are happy with your service to please give you positive reviews on the site.
    Google places is great! I have (shhh) my business listed at multiple addresses, and it increases my search rank!

... they also send me $200 worth of ad credit every month that I never use... Basically, all that crap is just a way to trap you into paying them if you don't opt out in time... actually, even if you opt out they pretend you didn't

Anyway, Google places, it's great! It's smart! You don't even need to put your exact home address, any location will do (e.g.: town name, proximity, etc)

Leave a comment:

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X