Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was bored, so I created a website... even though I have one using wordpress...

the one I made: link

and wordpress: link

pros of self made;
    - I can somewhat implement anything I like from wordpress

cons of self made;
    - it's so much damn work, and it always will be... wordpress simplifies a lot.

I could just go crazy and make 1000 versions of my site... LOL, might get some random traffic from that!

You said it yourself.

Without a CMS, updates will take forever.

Personally I always use a CMS. With wordpress you can custom code a site to look however you want and still have the easy updates at hand.

Plus WP sites rank much better in search engines by default
    Mitch Howard - Internet Consultant - www.webchoppers.com

I'm here to help and answer any questions that I can about your business's online presence.

Comment

Why gray or black background? Lawn care = GREEN

Comment

I ended up going with my own creation. (HTML5)

Wordpress, as great as the perks are, just isn't as easy to use as it should be.

They offer a lot, but at the same time it's as though everything they offer is in different code which resorts to the site having errors like crazy!

GOOD NEWS,

I do notice a massive speed increase, the site loads instantly for me on all browsers.

-

Why gray or black background? Lawn care = GREEN
        The lawns right now are basically brown. LOL...

No no.. I find the color of the background to be appealing in a formal-luxurious sense.

A grassy theme is too much commitment for me, and my logo wouldn't like its colors repeated.

Comment

Scott
          You should design your own HTML editor
          You could call it Web Cheese 1.01

Comment

I ended up going with my own creation. (HTML5)

Wordpress, as great as the perks are, just isn't as easy to use as it should be.

They offer a lot, but at the same time it's as though everything they offer is in different code which resorts to the site having errors like crazy!

GOOD NEWS,

I do notice a massive speed increase, the site loads instantly for me on all browsers.

-

The lawns right now are basically brown. LOL...

No no.. I find the color of the background to be appealing in a formal-luxurious sense.

A grassy theme is too much commitment for me, and my logo wouldn't like its colors repeated.
            Why are you coding in wordpress? There are many "customizible" themes out there.

for instance; http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/weaver

You can literally make any type of design/layout you want with this theme. I use it as a base template and have created literally hundreds of websites for clients. You don't need to do a drop of coding. It has a built in editor.
            Mitch Howard - Internet Consultant - www.webchoppers.com

I'm here to help and answer any questions that I can about your business's online presence.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X