creating a Flickr backlink for better seo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve's Post Comment

How important is it to have a list of friends on there? Is that what you mean? Creating conversations amongst the friends?

I created this account http://www.flickr.com/photos/lawncaremarketing1/ add me as a friend! I still have to work on that site though

My apologies for not giving all my "link juice" techniques away all at once. I was responding to Steve's inquiry regarding Flickr. I believe the thread stated "creating a Flickr backlink for better seo" If you are attempting to build a list of back links(hopefully quality ones to sites with higher ranking than yours) Flickr is a great traffic getter, but not the end all be all.

I agree with all of this for BETTER SEO:

"article directories, video marketing, social media marketing sites, social bookmarking sites, directories..you need links everywhere."

My response to Steve was geared for local business. Since most of the members here are not looking to take their business across more than one state they need to rank on the first page of GOOGLE search results locally. Hence the "city or town/niche" statement.

I do not recommend putting all your eggs in one basket and hope "Flickr" will get you on the front page. If it is in the top 20 of my Analytics, that only tells me GOOGLE recognizes it, and of course I will use every FREE resource I can find.

Resources like: YouTube(Great), Article Directories(Squidoo, Ezine and HubPages, etc. are great), LinkedIn(great) GopherHaul Forum(Great)

Problogger, WordPress Website Builder and Warrior Forum all of these sites can help you on how to write articles, video market, email market and blog for any niche and they all have high website rankings. So if you want a few more back links, read and comment there. On top of that they have the info on how to get the most out of your website.

Over 150,000,000 blogs online today and no signs of slowing down. But many will fail, I can personally tell you I have not put all of my eggs in one basket...so you are right you need to be everywhere.
    08 F250 Ext Cab/04 Chevy 3500
    05 F350/04 F350 Diesel/12 Ram 4500 Dump
    4 -60 Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48
    3 -8'2" Boss V-Plows
    1- Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
    20' Enclosed trailer
    18' Skid & 16' Open Trailer
    2012 - S185 Bobcat

Comment

And to contradict what I just said. I recommend saying screw local SEO all together and look into Google Places. Much more powerful nowadays.
      Mitch Howard - Internet Consultant - www.webchoppers.com

I'm here to help and answer any questions that I can about your business's online presence.

Comment

And to contradict what I just said. I recommend saying screw local SEO all together and look into Google Places. Much more powerful nowadays.
        For sure Google Places..you can optimize your listing like crazy! I would not recommend screwing local SEO all together. There are still valuable resources like Craigslist(which I hate) that I suppose works for quite a few areas, not all. Also here in Stillwater, MN we have a local website(ranked pretty darn high) that acts as a "News-Feed".

The great thing about it is, the blog feature. What a way to get your name out there locally**->> FREE patch.com
        08 F250 Ext Cab/04 Chevy 3500
        05 F350/04 F350 Diesel/12 Ram 4500 Dump
        4 -60 Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48
        3 -8'2" Boss V-Plows
        1- Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
        20' Enclosed trailer
        18' Skid & 16' Open Trailer
        2012 - S185 Bobcat

Comment

For sure Google Places..you can optimize your listing like crazy! I would not recommend screwing local SEO all together. There are still valuable resources like Craigslist(which I hate) that I suppose works for quite a few areas, not all. Also here in Stillwater, MN we have a local website(ranked pretty darn high) that acts as a "News-Feed".

The great thing about it is, the blog feature. What a way to get your name out there locally**->> FREE Here is the site, maybe you have something similar? patch.com
          Yep, most areas do have something similar. Usually driven by the chamber. But yes to Google Places. I have incresed many of my clients rev three fold just by getting them optimized for a competitive keyword in GP. Very powerful stuff.
          Mitch Howard - Internet Consultant - www.webchoppers.com

I'm here to help and answer any questions that I can about your business's online presence.

Comment

Working...
          X