No announcement yet.

Facebook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you hear this complaint quite a bit, it may be worthwhile to include this in your marketing. 'We are reliable and show up!'
    Oh I do. I also offer to find the last guy and rough him up. You'd be amazed what people in Texas will pay for retribution.

I may add it as a sideline.

Comment

It would be interesting to test your marketing where a part of an area you are hitting with flyers, use one attention grabbing headline. Then in another area use the angle, 'Tired of calling a lawn care service and they don't show up? Give us a call, We Show Up.'

You may find one marketing message really rings true with the homeowner, especially if you key in on an issue they have had in the past.

When you count up how many calls you got from the one area over the other area, you will see which headline got more calls and then you can use that headline again.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I started a Facebook page in 2008, I do not use it for personal fun ever. I treat it as if it's a interactive web page, we post photos, videos of jobs and ask clients to like us, friend us, and comment on their lawn video,picture. On occasion we add family photos to keep our clients in the loop feeling they are part of our lives off their lawns, we talk to them in person, on and on.

We have something like 5300 "friends"and generally get 3-15 likes on photos a day, do we ever get new clients from facebook? No, we get it from a single interaction that may lead to Facebook then they make the choice.

I feel Facebook is a record of testimonials and photos that may help a person ultimately decide to give us a call.

Comment

I started a 'group', and invited my customers to join. I post information important to them. They have begun posting and asking questions not only of me but each other. Works out great to help them understand why I was late, or anything else. It's like having everyone in the room while having a meeting

Comment

Works out great to help them understand why I was late, or anything else.
            Would you say that the facebook group has helped improve sales or has it improved customer relations or both?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Would you say that the facebook group has helped improve sales or has it improved customer relations or both?
              Neither, around here it seems facebook is a waste

Comment

That is a very interesting insight. It makes you wonder if time spent on facebook trying to promote a lawn care company would be better spent elsewhere.

Comment

facebook

My facebook page has done really well for me its a place where I post specials and promos and drive people to my website. Everytime I post to my company page I copy it and post it on my personal page as well. It a great way to remind people you know what you do for a living so when they or sombody they know need somthing your the first one they think of and pick up the phone.

Comment

It really depends on how any friends you have on your personal page, what your are demographics are, and how your posts are viewed by your friends and whether or not they repost. Here most of the locals are old Yankees who do not facebook, or they do not repost. Hell they rarely comment on posts. And then again most of my friends are not real local.

Comment

My facebook page has done really well for me its a place where I post specials and promos and drive people to my website.
                      I had read that facebook was going to start charging commercial accounts if they wanted their posts to show up in others newsfeeds. Has this taken effect? Has it altered the way you use facebook to promote your business?

Comment

I have been gone a while, thanks Steve for removing a post of one of my many Facebook pages( best I can tell it was up less then a day)
                        It drove 86 people from this site to view a blank extreme lawn care page.
                        Love it.

Comment

I have been gone a while, thanks Steve for removing a post of one of my many Facebook pages( best I can tell it was up less then a day)
                          It drove 86 people from this site to view a blank extreme lawn care page.
                          Love it.
                          Maybe if you posted a link to your account with 5k likes people wouldn't waste time looking at or for extreme on Facebook. Maybe they're simply looking for a leg up and this is something you could help them with, just a thought

Comment

It amazes me. No calls, no emails, just doesn't show anymore? Did he die???

A customer may not sing your praises, but they'll definitely sing your faults!
                            This could be a few different things.

-Customer once used the company in the past and was cut off for non payment.
                            -Customer immediatly complains of current service provider and the list of things they do wrong, you realize they may be a HUGE PITA
                            -They want things on their terms, not yours
                            -Wants a "deal", or work something out/negotiate
                            -Wants service you don't provide (maybe once a month mowing??)
                            -Your current schedule is full
                            -They are outside of your service area
                            -Customer stopped paying, current LCO stopped showing up

There could be a number of reasons why I won't call someone back or stop their service.

Comment

That is a very interesting insight. It makes you wonder if time spent on facebook trying to promote a lawn care company would be better spent elsewhere.
                              This pretty much sums it up. You can spend much better time elsewhere.

Facebook has a feature where you can pay for likes. You can narrow the field down to a specific area and target people in your area. I had a budget of $400 a month, had the ad displayed all the time to people in my area, and got a lot of "likes" out of it. So out of the 500 (approx) likes that I have, everytime I post, my post is viewed by roughly 20 people. It just doesn't get out to the targeted audience. It got me maybe 1 or 2 customers, but certainly not worth the money I spent.

To use facebook as a valuable tool, you need to constantly be posting to it. But lets face it...no one really wants to see pictures all the time of jobs you did, or where you'll be out mowing today. Your time can be better spent elsewhere.

Comment

I had read that facebook was going to start charging commercial accounts if they wanted their posts to show up in others newsfeeds. Has this taken effect? Has it altered the way you use facebook to promote your business?
                                I haven't promoted any posts, but you can (for a charge). I am not sure this is what you are referring to or not though.

By the way, I am surprised you haven't created a Gopher Facebook page. lol
                                One of a dying breed; the servicing dealer. A Servicing Dealer services what they sell and are factory certified to make these repairs. Find & support them.

B&S Master Service Technician, Kohler Expert Technician & Honda Engine Technician. Website

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X