No announcement yet.

Facebook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have set a page up though I have yet to do much with it. I do feel though that once my current customers start to actually "Like" it that I will be able to do daily tips and ideas to help them with their needs or to help them realize another service that I may be able to provide.

There is also a Facebook market place which I am told is basically a FB version of craigslist. I have been told by some with retail and other services that it is nice free advertising.

Comment

So here is what I am doing on my facebook. I am giving good advice on my facebook. I have alot of my friends and family and some people on here as a like. What is happening is my friends tell other people they heard tips from Paineless Creations and my name is getting out there. I actually enjoy putting tips online when I see these Friends in person they always say great post.
      When I put on there aerating service I got a couple of people from it.

so give me a like
      www.facebook.com/PainelessCreations
      www.painelesscreations.com
      Visit us on Facebook
      http://www.facebook.com/PainelessCreations

Comment

I like what your doing on Facebook, Paineless. That's definitely what I have in mind for my own presence there. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I like what your doing on Facebook, Paineless. That's definitely what I have in mind for my own presence there. Thanks for sharing!
          Hey no problem!!
          www.painelesscreations.com
          Visit us on Facebook
          http://www.facebook.com/PainelessCreations

Comment

I try to keep it personal, and business. I use my business page to advertise pretty much and keep my customers posted while my personal life, it's another thing
            I don't follow.
            How can they be kept "separate" if they are linked? (Assumed they had to be linked)

Also, even if not, like I mentioned before, those people commenting on your page can be "clicked on", and that's where it could get "iffy".

Comment

FB Marketing

Try this -

Ask one of your full service clients if they would host an afternoon luncheon as a way to introduce some new people to what you do and so they can see your handiwork firsthand. Grill hot dogs and make potato salad. Comp the host's service for 2 weeks for letting you have a 1 hour picnic. It's a chance to educate prospective clients and make your current one feel like a superstar.

Post this as a Facebook event and spread the word until 50 or so people sign up. If you are good at confirming the Facebook RSVPs, you will have 20-25 perspective clients happily munching away on a Saturday afternoon while you tell them all about the great work you're doing for the host.

Using Facebook, this will work if you live in a fairly metro area.

Comment

I know we haven't had much input lately on using facebook to promote your lawn care business, but does anyone have any insights to share from experimenting with it this year to gain more customers?

Any pros or cons in their experiences?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I have a Facebook page and presence because one, it's FREE and two, everyone is on Facebook. It gives you credibility in my opinion. I gained my first three customers on Facebook.

I list my link on my business cards. I keep my page updated constantly with information helpful to my customers or potential customers and also have a Paypal link posted so my customers can pay that way if they choose to do so.

I haven't found a cheap business web provider yet and I've had a website before with another business that sucked more money than it provided so until I get to the point that my business can afford me a website I will continually seek free advertising i.e. Craigslist, Facebook, Google, etc.

Great service and word of mouth is the best advertising.

Comment

We have a Facebook page that gets used all the time. Even though the count is low, I added over a dozen regular customers by having the page and advertising in local groups for my area. I also use Craiglist. In my area, I am the 4th largest mowing service and have never had an ad in the newspaper or on the radio. My clientele comes mostly thrugh an online presence and word of mouth. Do a good job and your customers will refer you to their friends. It really does work

Comment

Thats a great idea...I have also thought about:

Having a Christmas party and inviting clients..a drop in kind of thing

Having a BBQ/watch football.....

Renting a box at the minor league baseball stadium

This would give an opportunity to talk to clients more since they usually are not home when I am there (many of them I have never met).

Tell them about other services you offer

Some how you could tell them to bring a few guests.

This would be awesome if you invite other business owners of different companies (realtors, business owners with physical locations who need lawn management companies... and you could invite them to invite other business owners)....networking networking networking

Comment

I have a FB page, a website (just now) and advertise on CL and Thumbtack (just now). I don't hang flyers and probably never will. Word of mouth gets around, especially if you SHOW UP WHEN YOU SAY YOU WILL AND KEEP SHOWING UP. Don't leave customers hanging. Communicate.

Do that and you'll succeed far as I can tell.

Comment

I have a FB page, a website (just now) and advertise on CL and Thumbtack (just now). I don't hang flyers and probably never will. Word of mouth gets around, especially if you SHOW UP WHEN YOU SAY YOU WILL AND KEEP SHOWING UP. Don't leave customers hanging. Communicate.

Do that and you'll succeed far as I can tell.
                          I have lost count of the number of customers I have gotten because the last guy quit showing up

Comment

I have lost count of the number of customers I have gotten because the last guy quit showing up
                            It amazes me. No calls, no emails, just doesn't show anymore? Did he die???

A customer may not sing your praises, but they'll definitely sing your faults!

Comment

A customer may not sing your praises, but they'll definitely sing your faults!
                              Maybe he built up to an 8 million dollar a year company in a year and retired

Comment

If you hear this complaint quite a bit, it may be worthwhile to include this in your marketing. 'We are reliable and show up!'
                                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
                                X