X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is Our Website

www.familytreetreeandturf.com

Comment

hey guys, i know I had asked you all to look at my website in the spring. Made some MAJOR changes. could you take a look again and let me know what you think?

brianslawncare.web.officelive.com

Comment

hey guys, i know I had asked you all to look at my website in the spring. Made some MAJOR changes. could you take a look again and let me know what you think?

brianslawncare.web.officelive.com
        I'm not sure I've seen the original so I can't comment on improvements made.

I have a calendar system available on my site as well but much like yours it was empty. I ended up removing it. Do you plan to use the calendar for something business related?

The discount page is a bit convoluted.

I see you remove snow from shrubbery. It usually freezes into a nice hard shell around here. I'd need a chisel and hammer.

Last time blades were sharpened: July 2010
        Really?

I did a quick perusal and didn't notice any mention of licensing or insurance.

I noticed some of the text seems to sort of expect customers will cancel you.
        When you want to cancel, you simply notify me that you wish to discontinue that service, and I will stop.
        Don't tie yourself to a whipping post.
        Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

Web Site

Hello All.

I've had my web site up for about 10 months now. Have received a few inquires for service but most were out of our service area. Although I feel a web site is an important tool to have if you want to expand your business, I have received more business from my Facebook page than I have from my web site so far. I think it may have something to do with the word-of-mouth advertising theory.

I find that the web site acts like an informative tool for potential clients and is a place they can check out our company for more information. Also to get a feel for some of the services we provide. Thats just my experience so far with the web site. I have a few ideas for making seasonal changes to the front page of the site and am working on building the pages for winter services and then changing it during the spring and summer season.

If you would like to check it out the site is http://northeasternmaintenance.com

Its been a very busy January so far and I hope it continues thriugh the rest of the winter season. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

http://www.upscalelandcareinc.com

Comment

Needs some professional attention (see attachments). I'd suggest a rewrite of the template to clean up the code and at least fix the obvious mistakes.

Perhaps I'm being pedantic but I'd never release a work in progress except to people that like driving through road construction.
              That's interesting because when I pull my site up on my computer and other's it looks nothing like the clips you posted. As far as a work in progress, you don't just make a site and then decide your done. Does my site look like this to anyone else? I've even pulled it up on my phone and it doesn't look like Marks screenshots.

http://www.allterrascape.com
              Last edited by jerreber; 01-23-2011, 06:22 PM.
              Landscape Design, Installation, Lawn Care Services and Snow Removal servicing the Greater Lansing Michigan Area.

Comment

That's interesting because when I pull my site up on my computer and other's it looks nothing like the clips you posted. As far as a work in progress, you don't just make a site and then decide your done. Does my site look like this to anyone else? I've even pulled it up on my phone and it doesn't look like Marks screenshots.

http://www.allterrascape.com
                It comes out fine on my screen, although I have to scroll the screen to the right to see your whole site.

Matt

Comment

Hey, I'm just trying to help. If you don't like my advice I'll refund every cent you paid me for it.

I'm really not trying to insult anyone but it seems that it gets taken that way a lot of times. I've even had people threaten me over stuff like this before. Seriously.

I just want to help the internet be a nice place for everyone.

Comment

jerreber I like your logo a lot!
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I agree. It's very nice.

Comment

Hey, I'm just trying to help. If you don't like my advice I'll refund every cent you paid me for it.

I'm really not trying to insult anyone but it seems that it gets taken that way a lot of times. I've even had people threaten me over stuff like this before. Seriously.

I just want to help the internet be a nice place for everyone.
                        No I appreciate it. Just want to make sure that it can be viewed on all computers and if not I can change it. I made it myself with my site's hosting service editor so I'm still learning the ins and outs of it.
                        Landscape Design, Installation, Lawn Care Services and Snow Removal servicing the Greater Lansing Michigan Area.

Comment

Thanks Steve!!!

Comment

No I appreciate it. Just want to make sure that it can be viewed on all computers and if not I can change it. I made it myself with my site's hosting service editor so I'm still learning the ins and outs of it.
                            It's cool man. I'm really excited to offer any help I can, it's just that sometimes I feel that it's unwelcome.

Comment

mark123-

thanks for the input. as far as the calender goes, I use it a lot more in the summer. Business is slow for me in the Winter because it doesn't snow a lot here and I only have 2 driveways besides mine.

As far as the shrubbery, I meant to put fragile/delicate in there(thanks for catching that)

I am not licensed or insured. I'm 14.

The reason I put the simply call and cancel is because many doubt my quality since I'm so young. (I don't blame them, many other kids in my neighborhood have tried to start there own Lawn Care because of how well I've done - always fail. the best one has done is someone when their on vacation, I ended up with that account in about a month ) so I put that in there so they don't feel obligated with a young boy who MAY be no good. -never gotten any trouble

REALLY APPRECIATE THE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

Comment

... I am not licensed or insured. I'm 14. ...
                                I'm 99% sure you still need to be licensed for weed control in OH. I don't know the laws for Ohio but you could be looking at HUGE fines and maybe even prison time. Where are you even getting your herbicides?

Insurance is a must no matter how old you are. Check with your state because your parents could be on the hook if you cause damage.

I'm not trying to be discouraging because I'm glad to see a 14 year old that isn't sitting around getting fat and expecting the world to revolve around him while he plays video games. I just want you to be careful and follow the rules. I'd hate to see you get punished just for trying to make your own way. Get insured and remove the weed control from your services until you can get licensed. Seriously!
                                Last edited by mark123; 01-24-2011, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X