Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new Business...What do you think about my website?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Business...What do you think about my website?

I am new and just built my own website. i have to give a lot of thanks to gopher for help on some template that i use for lawn agreements. Please check out my site and tell me what you think. Thanks.

http://www.grandslampestandlawn.com

that is sexy!

How'd you get the animation of the butterflies and such float around the page?

ALSO

Usually when I open a site, I click anywhere and use my arrow keys to scroll up and down the page.... On your site I'm forced to use the scroll bar because your entire page is 'clickable'

It's not a major problem, though if I was more dumb than I am - I would have thought the page ended and wouldn't think twice about scrolling down to see more awesome content.
    Last edited by CHEESE2009; 10-25-2010, 08:52 PM.

Comment

I used wix site builder and it has some animation to choose from. Just incorporated it into my page

Comment

I am new and just built my own website. i have to give a lot of thanks to gopher for help on some template that i use for lawn agreements. Please check out my site and tell me what you think. Thanks.

http://www.grandslampestandlawn.com

great page you might want to consider some of the Organic or no checmical pest control offered by others in this site it seems it makes lots of profit even though i never used them myself but great site easy to navigate and well written

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for your opinion, i will add that. Also, will dunno if i should add anything else to it as well

Comment

Hi Jay,

Welcome to our forum!

Your site is real nice!

Is that created with flash? Will the search engines be able to index it and all the keywords in it?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Hi Jay,

Welcome to our forum!

Your site is real nice!

Is that created with flash? Will the search engines be able to index it and all the keywords in it?

Yeah, that's one of my problems. Flash or pictures look so much better than text.. but search engines wont be too good... So sad

OH WELL! lol

Not like I know anything to do with optimization!

Comment

Yeah, that's one of my problems. Flash or pictures look so much better than text.. but search engines wont be too good... So sad

OH WELL! lol
                It's not either/or. Flash just makes twice the work for making a proper site. Allowing it to fail gracefully is something that just gets left behind because it takes so much work and costs a lot of money if you're paying someone to do that.

In general making an entire website using the flash plugin is not an optimum solution. There is not really a whole lot that flash can do that you can't accomplish without it.
                Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

It's not either/or. Flash just makes twice the work for making a proper site. Allowing it to fail gracefully is something that just gets left behind because it takes so much work and costs a lot of money if you're paying someone to do that.

In general making an entire website using the flash plugin is not an optimum solution. There is not really a whole lot that flash can do that you can't accomplish without it.

I have a lot of animations and buttons which were made using flash. And most my 'art' content was made in flash but exported into a picture.

Text on my site is rare, but personally - I just want my current customers to enjoy and share my site... People randomly landing on my page isn't my goal yet. It might work wonders for gaining new clients, but I can list myself on other directory sites providing my website address, that's good enough for me I suppose.

I like to be crazy sometimes, the site is more for myself than to gain customers. Just something nice to look at lol.

Comment

I have a lot of animations and buttons which were made using flash. And most my 'art' content was made in flash but exported into a picture.

Text on my site is rare, but personally - I just want my current customers to enjoy and share my site... People randomly landing on my page isn't my goal yet. It might work wonders for gaining new clients, but I can list myself on other directory sites providing my website address, that's good enough for me I suppose.

I like to be crazy sometimes, the site is more for myself than to gain customers. Just something nice to look at lol.
                    Yeah, I understand. Look into Web Accessibility if you feel like it.

I've worked in the web site industry since 1999 (on and off) so I've got a lot to say about it but, unfortunately, sometimes it seems a bit harsh even if that isn't my intention.

Comment

There are a lot of web tools out there that can make a site really visual and graphic to the eye and then when it comes time for the search engine robots to index them, they tend to not do so well.

It is a shame, but if you know this is a problem, you can take it under advisement when you craft your site.
                      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Hi Jay,

Welcome to our forum!

Your site is real nice!

yes it will be indexed...had my search engine optimizer look at that and he was skeptical at first, but now google indexes flash sites

Comment

Although the 2 are intertwined, Indexing is separate from page rank and the two of them together combine to hand out SERPs. Search engine result pages.

Here is a good explanation of them both.

http://pcplus.techradar.com/node/3061

Your sites getting indexed mean absolutely nothing except that Google knows about you. A site with a lot of supporting text will be served up before a flash site because Google does not know what is in the flash.

Go to a site and click on the view menu option in your browser and choose view source. This is what Google sees. Firefox users select page source. Now count your words and then count your key words. Next you need to figure the % of the time your key word appears. 4-8% range is about right.

Much more and that is deemed as spammy. Normal conversational writing is what you want. Google can recognize this.

Here is one simple thing that you all can do to help your sites.

Instead of the photo you put on your site being named IMG_250.jpg rename the file Lawn Mowing Dallas TX.jpg (use your own city and state of course) Google can not tell what is in the picture but it can read the name.

For instance I have a site I am building and it has a deck staining page with 20 rotating pictures and all the pictures are named

Deck Staining City State 1(thru 20).jpg

This gets the key words

Deck Staining City State Recognized.
                          Pat

Comment

I was just going to say something similar. Indexing the site doesn't mean it has a meaningful listing and I wouldn't count on it being anywhere near the first page.

Comment

Although the 2 are intertwined, Indexing is separate from page rank and the two of them together combine to hand out SERPs. Search engine result pages.

Here is a good explanation of them both.

http://pcplus.techradar.com/node/3061

Your sites getting indexed mean absolutely nothing except that Google knows about you. A site with a lot of supporting text will be served up before a flash site because Google does not know what is in the flash.

Go to a site and click on the view menu option in your browser and choose view source. This is what Google sees. Firefox users select page source. Now count your words and then count your key words. Next you need to figure the % of the time your key word appears. 4-8% range is about right.

Much more and that is deemed as spammy. Normal conversational writing is what you want. Google can recognize this.

Here is one simple thing that you all can do to help your sites.

Instead of the photo you put on your site being named IMG_250.jpg rename the file Lawn Mowing Dallas TX.jpg (use your own city and state of course) Google can not tell what is in the picture but it can read the name.

For instance I have a site I am building and it has a deck staining page with 20 rotating pictures and all the pictures are named

Deck Staining City State 1(thru 20).jpg

This gets the key words

Deck Staining City State Recognized.
                              how about using a company that puts your website to the top of the search engine? i had many companies calling me about that single service stating i would be on the top of the search each time people search my service in the area i service. Is that any good?

Comment

Working...
                              X