Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new Business...What do you think about my website?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long should it take some of these changes to effect your search engine rankings?

It seems like much of this, isn't overnight.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

How long should it take some of these changes to effect your search engine rankings?

It seems like much of this, isn't overnight.
      Right now, it seems that my website only gets recognized by google every 5 dAys.

Comment

For the record, I can't even view the website. Apparently my old-assed OS isn't compatible with the most recent version of Flash.

That said, surely I'm in the minority, as most people can afford a new computer when they need one. LOL

Comment

That said, surely I'm in the minority, as most people can afford a new computer when they need one. LOL
          Actually, the number of folks that can't view flash content is growing every day with the advent of iPhone, iPod touch and the iPad.
          Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

Yet another reason to have enough text to make the sale.
            Pat

Comment

Yet another reason to have enough text to make the sale.
              To be honest, I'll use any argument against flash. It doesn't even have to be relevant.

Comment

The only thing I tend to use flash for is slide shows of photos but I still do a lot in java because some do not have flash viewer installed.
                Pat

Comment

Java??!?!?! What year is this?? There's not even an <applet> tag any more, is there?

Oh, did you mean javascript? I'm quite smitten with jQuery. I love it. I may propose to it or maybe just shack up.
                  Last edited by mark123; 11-01-2010, 07:00 PM.

Comment

LOL .... yea javascript. Still laughing at that one...
                    Pat

Comment

Jay I took a look at your site today and I like the baseball theme for the background BUT,,,,, it takes a loooooooooooong time to load the page. It was longer than 10 seconds and that is a long time for a customer to wait. I would have hit the back button before the page loaded if I would have been a customer.

Just timed it and it took 15 seconds. The funky text is also hard to read, especially with the fading of the colors.

I don't mean to pick it apart but I am trying to help if I can.
                      Pat

Comment

Jay I took a look at your site today and I like the baseball theme for the background BUT,,,,, it takes a loooooooooooong time to load the page. It was longer than 10 seconds and that is a long time for a customer to wait. I would have hit the back button before the page loaded if I would have been a customer.

Just timed it and it took 15 seconds. The funky text is also hard to read, especially with the fading of the colors.

I don't mean to pick it apart but I am trying to help if I can.

no problem, i changed it to grey

Comment

Dude you are working it!

You have gone from not being in the first 10 pages to being on the 4th page for lawn mowing and lawn care in just since you started making the changes in the report I sent you.

Pest control is going to be a little tougher as there is more competition but in time you will get there.

Your Alexa traffic ranking has gone up also. When we first talked your site was at 6M + and now is is just over 4 Million in rank. This means you are getting some traffic. Way to go.

FYI the lower the Alexa number the better. Google is #1
                          Pat

Comment

Dude you are working it!

You have gone from not being in the first 10 pages to being on the 4th page for lawn mowing and lawn care in just since you started making the changes in the report I sent you.

Pest control is going to be a little tougher as there is more competition but in time you will get there.

Your Alexa traffic ranking has gone up also. When we first talked your site was at 6M + and now is is just over 4 Million in rank. This means you are getting some traffic. Way to go.

FYI the lower the Alexa number the better. Google is #1
                            Thanks for all your help

Comment

And would that mean that you pay two

Different insurances or have it .... ????
                              Accrate lawncare LLC

Comment

I know someone who did that with

They did it with thier electric biz they started with one and it did new installation and thier other did maintenance so I guess it could work but I don't know if its worth it . What I would do is file a biz called ( star ) enterprises then make a DBA - Doing Business As <= google if you don't know . So you can make one dba call star lawncare then pay $60 to file another . Star property mantenence . Anything .
                                Accrate lawncare LLC

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X