My Logo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Logo

Here is a logo I drew up in photoshop, tell me what you guys think.
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Carlisle Lawn Care

looks good
    time to print it in different sizes see how it looks

Comment

Here is a logo I drew up in photoshop, tell me what you guys think.
      So tell us newbies how you did this. Looks professional

Comment

So tell us newbies how you did this. Looks professional
        Thanks guys.

First off, I looked at a bunch of lawn care logos on google to get some ideas, I found one I really liked, well I liked the color scheme of it most, so I followed that idea.

I got the grass picture off the internet, erased some of it that I didn't like. I added text and played around with different text types, sizes, effects so on so fourth until I was happy. The effects applied or a bevel and emboss, outline and outer glow.

I converted the text to a smart object, the P was seperate so I could make it taller. Then the rest was made skinnier and longer. The Lawn care was just a different text in capitals with some color thrown in it, and I think an outline.

I still felt that it wasnt complete, so I found an image of a leaf, and placed it, rotated it some and moved it to a good spot. Then I duplicated it and rotated that one a little and moved it till i was happy.

With some basic photoshop skills you can make some pretty cool stuff, my best advice is to just play around with it, it took me almost 3 hours to be happy with this, I just kept changing things to see how they looked, I think I went through 40 different texts.
        sigpic
        Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

It's not bad, but you may run into problems when it comes time to having it reproduced - especially if you need it sized up.

Comment

I can go into photoshop and make it as big as i want without it getting distorted.
            sigpic
            Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

I can go into photoshop and make it as big as i want without it getting distorted.
              Like "van size"?

I'm just asking because most people don't understand the technical part of what is needed for proper logo design. Maybe you do, but I don't see it happening very often.
              Photoshop is not typically the first choice for such things for a reason.

Comment

I don't quite remember everything but I took a photoshop and in design class In college and I learned to use photoshop to design everything and anything.
                sigpic
                Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

There is a format in photoshop you can convert the pictures to and no matter how big you make it, it doesn't pixelate, I learned that one in highshool when making big posters.
                  sigpic
                  Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Cool. At least you have a grasp on what you're doing.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not saying I know everything, but it should work.
                      sigpic
                      Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Thanks guys.

First off, I looked at a bunch of lawn care logos on google to get some ideas, I found one I really liked, well I liked the color scheme of it most, so I followed that idea.

I got the grass picture off the internet, erased some of it that I didn't like. I added text and played around with different text types, sizes, effects so on so fourth until I was happy. The effects applied or a bevel and emboss, outline and outer glow.

I converted the text to a smart object, the P was seperate so I could make it taller. Then the rest was made skinnier and longer. The Lawn care was just a different text in capitals with some color thrown in it, and I think an outline.

I still felt that it wasnt complete, so I found an image of a leaf, and placed it, rotated it some and moved it to a good spot. Then I duplicated it and rotated that one a little and moved it till i was happy.

With some basic photoshop skills you can make some pretty cool stuff, my best advice is to just play around with it, it took me almost 3 hours to be happy with this, I just kept changing things to see how they looked, I think I went through 40 different texts.
                        What Version of Photoshop do you have. You did a real great job I am going to get at it right now.

Comment

I have cs5, I got it for $100 bucks when I was in college.
                          sigpic
                          Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Adobe Ps and Ai are the most used programs for signage and print.
                            Photoshop will usually be a much, much, larger file size.
                            Ai will be smaller, and always scalable pretty much all the time (some exceptions). Ps will not always be scalable, it really depends what you are doing and how you did it.
                            They are both great programs and work together very well.
                            We create wraps and large signage with both. Each has its strong suites, and while you can use either of them to do 99% of stuff. The best is to pick the program depending what you are making.
                            As a rule...
                            If you want it to be cut vinyl (solid color text, etc.) then us Ai.
                            If it is to be printed use Ps or Ai, whichever you are more comfortable with.

A few common mess-ups:
                            No bleed when bleed is needed (depends on the product if you need on eor not)
                            Not converting text to curves (in Ai)
                            Thinking that sizing something smaller and then upping the resolution will make it easier to send. Here is an example...
                            10 foot x 10 foot banner in Ps is 927 MBs @150 PPI
                            Now if you scale that at 10% so now you're working with a 1 foot x 1 foot image @1500PPI it is still 927 MB in size! So your best bet is to just make things at scale.
                            You might ask why is the 1 foot image @1500 PPI? well when you enlarge the image 10 times the size it has to have the resolution to support the size increase without pixilation.
                            This is why you can't have someone wrap your trailer based on a biz card size picture, for example.
                            If you have any questions or need someone to create your signage & promo items please feel free to contact me and I would be more than happy to help.

Tony
                            Thank You!
                            696 Signs

Like our page on FaceBook for discounts!
                            http://www.facebook.com/696signs
                            Shop Online Anytime!
                            http://www.shop.696signs.com

Office: 248-233-6306
                            Fax: 248-823-5888
                            Email: Sales@696signs.com
                            Address: 1195 Rochester Rd. Ste I, Troy, MI 48083

Comment

I want to get this logo made up with some other text a sign for the back of my trailer and a decal for my window or tailgate sometime.
                              sigpic
                              Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Working...
                              X