New Business, new logo and some questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Business, new logo and some questions

Hey, Im new to this forum but have been in the business for a few years and started my company 3 years ago, Im 18 years old and working on expanding my company.

Recently redesigned my logo, any suggestions?

Just got my website up and running, check it out and make some comments please!

www.stillwaterlawnandlandscaping.com

Thanks for the help!
    Attached Files
    Toro Titan 48"
    Exmark 52"
    Ransome 48"
    7x14' Trailer
    94 Chevy 1500
    04 F250

Welcome to the forum! Here you'll learn a lot of beneficial material to help you succeed in your business. I'm also 18 so I know how it feels to be young. I took a look at your website. It looks great and I like all the bright colors. I wasn't sure if I saw your logo on your website but be sure to have it on there. It is important so cutomers can match a logo to your company. You can take a look at my website at www.thegroundscrewllc.com. You can also follow us on twitter @_TheGroundsCrew and like us on facebook at facebook.com/WApremierlandscapers. It will be great to get to know you. Hope you learn a lot on this forum and keep up the good work. Your customers seems to like your work from the testimonials I read. Keep it up and good luck this new year.

Curtis Michael
    President
    The Grounds Crew
    (425) 765-2638
    www.thegroundscrewllc.com

Comment

HI, just looked at your website and it looks great. I would look around here and talk to a few guys but I would not sell yourself on price so much. Are you insured if so I would put on the site, if not get it helps land jobs.

Comment

Hi,

Welcome to our forum!

Have you experimented with using black or green text to write your name, possibly under the graphic? Or even above and below it?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

On the website - I am finding the black text with the dark green backround hard to read. More of contrast would make it easier on us old folks.
          Evansville Lawn Mowing
          Newburgh Lawn Care

Comment

on the "About Us" page I don't think I would put your age. Some people may think your young and don't know what your doing. I maybe wrong on this but I don't think having it helps. Would love to know what others think.

Comment

I agree you don't want to say your age because some people might think you don't know what you are doing. But just say (if you are in school) that you are attending _________ college and are majoring in ________. That would show that you do have intelligence and will give you validity. That also might not be a selling point but from my experience and from where I live mostly all my customers like supporting college students. It can also be a good conversation starter when building rapport

Curtis Michael
              President
              The Grounds Crew
              (425) 765-2638
              www.thegroundscrewllc.com

Comment

Hi,
                I like your green theme and vibrant pictures. They bring to mind healthiness and liveliness. I also like the variety of different links you've included on there, and you're reasoning about why your customers should go with you.

I have a hard time seeing the grey links in the middle section, and wonder...is that a default of a template of some sort? I think you might also consolidate your links into one section to make things easier to navigate, and create a little more visual balance. I also just created a website, and was advised to change the title of the homepage from just "Home" to include searchable terms like lawncare, the names of the areas you serve, specific services you offer, etc., as much as you can fit in there.

Way to go, young man! You've got time on your side, which is a huge asset. Early on, you're getting out there and gaining experience to build upon for a career ahead of you. Not too shabby!
                Last edited by WeedTerminatorTom; 02-08-2012, 02:29 AM.

Comment

@thegroundscrew thanks for the reply, logos not on the website yet, I wanted to finish it up and put the final version on there, added you on twitter looks like youve got a great business goin too

@willshome, thanks for the input, I am insured and will throw that up on the site tonight, and its not really that im selling myself on price just trying to give competitive quotes especially for being in the stillwater area, lots of lawn care companies around here. always lookin out for ringahding..ring lawn care!

@steve, for for adding that in, ill play around with the colors of the logo, not really sure what you meant by the name under the graphic

@shadrach, ive been working on changing it to white text on that same background, seem easier to read?

@willshomes/@thegroundcrew, Ill change that to just in school, but i was trying to use that to my advantage because a lot of business and home owners like seeing "young" people out doing constructive things with their lives, but i like how in school sounds so ill switch it up.

@weedterminatortom, unfortunatly i built my site in iweb and i cant do anything about the grey links in the middle, wish i could switch it up, only have that sidebar link for easier viewing, maybe i should just have the one and delete the grey bar?

Thanks for all of the input!
                  Toro Titan 48"
                  Exmark 52"
                  Ransome 48"
                  7x14' Trailer
                  94 Chevy 1500
                  04 F250

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X