Opinion on my logo please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on my logo please

Been messin around on Corel today and came up with this...

I like it, it's simple but has that edge i'm lookin for with the name saber....but any suggestions for changes are welcome!

thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JeffK26; 10-09-2011, 11:03 PM. Reason: Upload didn't go through

Been messin around on Corel today and came up with this...

I like it, it's simple but has that edge i'm lookin for with the name saber....but any suggestions for changes are welcome!

thanks!
    Personal opinion is Saber is too hard to read, outline it will a contrasting color like red and see what it looks like and it would almost have to go on a white vehicle to see....just my two cents and no the eyes are not what they used to be. You have 3 seconds to grab a prospect's attention......that was said to me in a recent course, kind of struck me.
    Andy
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Thanks, that's what i was thinking...

It's only a first draft, the most basic of the idea in my mind...that's why i'm on here askin....so it can get better haha

Comment

I think the logo would look cool if you added an actual saber to it between the name saber and the lawn care

http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

Thanks Jymie! i'll toss that idea in the next draft. I was in the Cavalry, hence the company name so i'll be using a Cav Saber, possibly the classic cross saber, however i've been playin with the thought of using crossed blades of grass with the effect of a sharp edge as well..

Last edited by JeffK26; 10-10-2011, 09:54 AM. Reason: photo is way to large

Comment

That pic didn't turn out as crisp as the original product.... however i'm making changes. This is pretty fun...i've made a lot of cool lookin logos...Which would be a cool poster in a room, but not a good marketing tool...

This is pretty fun, but difficult to get that perfect logo that'll catch the eye without being too busy...

Bad thing about being off work.... no money....

good thing about being off work being home with the wife and dog for a 3 day weekend going to the park and messin with my logo!

Comment

nevermind, it's not working darn it.
              Last edited by JeffK26; 10-10-2011, 10:10 PM. Reason: still getting used to this site....

Comment

The letter spacing needs tightened up (move them closer) and those clumps of grass are not helping. MAYBE use ONE, but the random clusters look like clutter.

The font/style used for "SABER" is workable. It could be made to be more "readable". It doesn't lend itself well to use with the military saber though - looks more like "cat" saber(tooth).

Hedgemaster factoid #238:
                Zero military experience
                Ten plus years graphic design experience

Thank you for your service, btw.

Comment

Thanks for the info...

The logo has changed a lot from that crud up there...

I wanted to throw the first couple rough drafts up to compare them to the end results, ... Compared to what i have now that stuff looks like a word ya can't type in the forum... it's a work in progress..

I'm using the free trial of Corel to get my idea down, then the sis in law which took Graphic Design as her major in college is gonna take over and make it nice and crisp and all that jazz...

Comment

Here's the basic logo. Sorry about throwin the other crap on there, i was playin with a graphics program for the first time and everything i did looked good haha...

This is the final idea...the sis in law will add some salt and pepper for flavor. I figure this will look good in all black for shirt prints or in one color of thread for embroidery, and the spiced up image will be used on flyers, signs etc.

Comment

It looks good because it looks solid. Solid colors will help you recreate it for shirts, trucks, flyers or whatever.
                      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I like the new design. It's a big improvement from the early draft. I think the word "Lawncare" should be in a different font. It looks like Times New Roman right now, which is a serif font. Maybe something more like a Futura or Arial font, which are sans-serif fonts(don't have the little lines on the edges of letters). I think it will look cleaner/sharper

Comment

looks a lot better then the first one i would suggest adding a small background item to make it more interesting besides that you might be ready for mass production!

Comment

This is my logo. tell me what you think.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I like yours overall, but maybe another font or graphic or color for the name. It's hard to read.

Good job.

Comment

Working...
                              X