New Logo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this is ridiculous.

Everything is based off of opinions, and facts people may have heard one time on their educational journey to success.

Sometimes you gotta step back and say, are we debating opinions? That would make every point we make invalid.

You could say, "he said, she said" when it comes to statistics... but really... If you weren't there when these statistics became "true" and did your own hat trick research, then it's useless. It'd even be useless if you did, because your research might disappoint you while others appreciate it, vice-versa.

Until we can ask every single person we are catering to what they like, we will never know. If the majority here doesn't like something - there is most likely a majority elsewhere.

Anyway, the point of all this rant is just to let you all know my logo is the best in the world. I climbed mount Everest. From there, I took a flying vessel straight into the sun only to return with my logo and several battle scars which I had received from the great battle of the gods and myself. I had won, and so I return with this awesome greatness you can fry an egg on.

I'm going to bed, I don't know what the heck I just wrote... all I know is

this face... it's not good for advertising. People wont like it, it needs to work well in black and white, we live in the dark ages.

Comment

Well, this is ridiculous.

Everything is based off of opinions, and facts people may have heard one time on their educational journey to success.

Sometimes you gotta step back and say, are we debating opinions? That would make every point we make invalid.

You could say, "he said, she said" when it comes to statistics... but really... If you weren't there when these statistics became "true" and did your own hat trick research, then it's useless. It'd even be useless if you did, because your research might disappoint you while others appreciate it, vice-versa.

Until we can ask every single person we are catering to what they like, we will never know. If the majority here doesn't like something - there is most likely a majority elsewhere.

Anyway, the point of all this rant is just to let you all know my logo is the best in the world. I climbed mount Everest. From there, I took a flying vessel straight into the sun only to return with my logo and several battle scars which I had received from the great battle of the gods and myself. I had won, and so I return with this awesome greatness you can fry an egg on.

I'm going to bed, I don't know what the heck I just wrote... all I know is

this face... it's not good for advertising. People wont like it, it needs to work well in black and white, we live in the dark ages.

LOL! Thanks everyone for you input. I see I have a lot to think about. I will let you all know what I come up with.

Comment

Well ultimately the beauty of it all is that you can go with what you have now and change it later.

For instance.

- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

^^^ Yes, it can change, but none of the basic rules pointed out by WilliamsLawn should be ignored in the process.

There are simply unavoidable truths to advertising and graphic design that can not be ignored.
          Well, they CAN be, but the results are less than impressive.

The internet, and availability of graphics software to the "general public" has really made a mess of things to the extent that anyone with a computer can pass themselves off as a graphic artist - or at least they can fool those who don't know any better into thinking they are.

Just like woodworking, landscaping, or repairing engines - graphic design is part technical skill, and part natural talent. The first part you can "fake" - the other you can't.

Comment

Has anyone made their own LOGO? I am interested getting one and wanted to see how others pieced theirs together what website or software did you use? Any help would be appreciated.
            Liberty Landscaping LLC
            www.libertylndscpng.com
            Woodbridge, NJ

Comment

My 2 cents: I think an easily recognizible and legible logo is extremely important. I agree with what williams said.

Here's my logo...both in black and white and 4 color....I'm interested in feedback. I came up with the basic elements myself but had a graphic designer friend do the main design work.

All feedback appreciated.
              Attached Files

Comment

My 2 cents: I think an easily recognizible and legible logo is extremely important. I agree with what williams said.

Here's my logo...both in black and white and 4 color....I'm interested in feedback. I came up with the basic elements myself but had a graphic designer friend do the main design work.

All feedback appreciated.
                Not too bad. The graphics are nicely done.
                I may consider adding a light shade of yellow/orange to fill in the sun on the color version just to see how that looks. It may help the whole thing "pop" a little more.

Comment

I like your logo. I think it is simple, easily read and projects what industry you work in.

It would also look nice on the side of a truck.

I came up with the basic elements myself but had a graphic designer friend do the main design work.
                  How many versions did you have to go through until you found the one you liked most?
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

The original concept she came up with was pretty similar to what you see today. To get it exactly the way I wanted took about 5 "back and forths".

Comment

That is very neat! As you have your logo now and are using it, is there anything about it you would like to change in the future about it or is it ideal now?

Comment

Working...
                      X