Palm Setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palm Setup

I tried a couple of times to install the palm trial software. It does download to my desktop but when I try to run the wizard to install I keep getting an error message, (Error 1323 the path Con contains words that are not valid in folders) I would really like to be able to use this feature and would like to try it first. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Freshcut
    Lawn Maintenance
    & Snow Removal
    Calgary Ab,
    Canada

Please try doing a manual install of the Palm:

Visit http://www.getgopher.com/palmbeta/ and do the following:
    1) Download and run the PalmCOMInstaller.exe file
    2) Right-click on gopher.prc and save it to your desktop.
    3) Double-click on the gopher.prc file on your desktop. This will allow you to install it onto your handheld.
    4) Press the hotsync button on your cradle to transfer the gopher.prc onto the handheld
    5) Right-click on GopherPalmConduit.dll and save it to your Gopher folder (C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2006&#92
    6) Click on Start | Run and then type
    REGSVR32 "C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2006\GopherPalmConduit.dll"
    and click OK.
    (if you saved the file to a different location then use that location instead)
    7) Try to hotsync again. You should now see the Gopher conduit screen with options for transferring data to and from the handheld.

Troubleshooting
    If the conduit file has already been registered you will get an error msg. You can unregister the file by going to Start | Run and typing:
    REGSVR32 /u "C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2006\GopherPalmConduit.dll"
    (assuming that's the location of the conduit that was originally registered)

Comment

Ok, I followed those instructions and now have a Gopher icon on my palm but when I open it, it is just blank. No info. At least I was able to load it but now what??? Thanks again.
      Freshcut
      Lawn Maintenance
      & Snow Removal
      Calgary Ab,
      Canada

Comment

It will be blank until the next time you hotsync. When you hotsync does the Gopher hotsync screen appear? You should be able to select the date range that you want to transfer.

Comment

When I hotsync it just swaps info as always. The Gopher hotsync screen does not appear. All I have is the icon on my palm. Im wondering if Ive installed all the software correctly.
          Freshcut
          Lawn Maintenance
          & Snow Removal
          Calgary Ab,
          Canada

Comment

Nope, it didnt work. Both emails were blocked by your spam filter. Any ideas?
            Freshcut
            Lawn Maintenance
            & Snow Removal
            Calgary Ab,
            Canada

Comment

What is your email address? We'll manually add it to the spam filter. You can post it here or send it to us on the forum through a private message.

Comment

Oops. Sorry about that. I didnt realize that the name thing would be flagged by your spam filter. In any case, I still cant get the palm working. All Ive got is the "Gopher" Icon. Not sure how to transfer the info between the Palm and desktop.Thanks.
                Freshcut
                Lawn Maintenance
                & Snow Removal
                Calgary Ab,
                Canada

Comment

Click on the hotsync manager icon (red and blue icon) on the system tray.
                  Click on "Custom..."
                  Do you see "Gopher Palm Module" listed there?
                  If not, it means that the conduit (the part the lets the handheld communicate with the desktop) wasn't successfully registered, in which case you should try registering it again with this command (from Start | Run):
                  If you run REGSVR32 again then let us know what the result message says.

Comment

I opened the custom tab in hot sync but there is no mention of Gopher. I then tried to register the conduit again but did not recieve any message after. I will try to download that again and reinstall ? Thanks.
                    Freshcut
                    Lawn Maintenance
                    & Snow Removal
                    Calgary Ab,
                    Canada

Comment

I am getting the GopherPalmConduit.dll downloaded to my desktop but when I try to open it, it asks "open with......" Not sure why.
                      Freshcut
                      Lawn Maintenance
                      & Snow Removal
                      Calgary Ab,
                      Canada

Comment

You don't want to open or double-click on the GopherPalmConduit.dll file once you download it. Try saving the file to your C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2006 folder. After you save it click Start | Run and put in:
                        Then click OK.

Comment

The Conduit is already in that location. I changed the file name to GopherPalmConduit2.dll and again saved it to the above Gopher file. Once again I went to start/run and entered REGSVR32 "C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2006\GopherPalmConduit2.dll" but the same thing happens. The computer works for a second and then nothing. No error message and no confirmation message.
                          I received a message from merlyn who appears to be having a similar problem. Apparently his palm is incompatible. Could I be having the same problem??
                          Freshcut
                          Lawn Maintenance
                          & Snow Removal
                          Calgary Ab,
                          Canada

Comment

Which version of Windows are you running?
                            Right-click on your hotsync manager (in the system tray) and click on About...
                            What is the version #?

Comment

I am running XP pro.
                              Palm version 3.0.2Hb
                              Freshcut
                              Lawn Maintenance
                              & Snow Removal
                              Calgary Ab,
                              Canada

Comment

Working...
                              X