Writing letters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing letters

Lately I have been using the estimate area to write customers letters, because it's fast and easy, and all I have to do is look up the customer and then write the letter in the "bottom" tab area.

But I was wondering whether there is a better way to write the letters without having the "estimate no and estimate date" show up in the top right corner?

Troy,

That is very ingenious of you.

Could you change the Estimate Title field to "Letter."

How would that work out?

Comment

Make sure you are in the estimate section.

Comment

In this example we are showing you an already created letter in the estimate section.

However if you want to create a new one, click the new button.

Comment

Leave the items area blank.

Comment

Change the Estimate Title to Letter.

Comment

Choose the Bottom section tab.

Comment

Enter the text of your letter here and then click the OK button.

Comment

Click the print button.

Comment

Choose to either print the file or preview it. You can also print it to File as a pdf file. Then you can email your customer and attach the file to your email.

Comment

Here is a sample of how the letter would look. Remember the letter is designed to fit in a clear windowed envelope.

Comment

Perfect!!! That solves it.

Ya, I have been writing the letters like that for a little while now because I don't have to worry about labels or buying extra plain envelopes. All I have to do is use my double window billing ones for the letters. It's fast and very easy.

I kind of stumbled apon by accident when I was doing an estimate for a lady. I thought to myself, "Hey, couldn't I just write letters in here as well" What is also great is it basically keeps a copy of the letter for future reference in case I need to see it again."

Comment

Working...
                        X