Can't Backup or Validate GOPHER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Backup or Validate GOPHER

When I click "Backup" I get the error: "Can not open backup file C:/windows/temp/gopher2002.GKB so I go to File, Restore Database then Validation and hit REPAIR DATABASE...and I get this error: Bad parameters on attach or create database secondary server attachments can not validate databases...what the heck should I do? I didn't delete or move any files this just randomly happened...thanks!!

Forgot to log in before I posted this...

Comment

Can you first try restarting your computer. If that doesn't work, try deleting the "C:/windows/temp/gopher2002.GBK" file and try again.

Comment

restarting didn't work...although I did get a new error... BL0B not found under backup database....if I delete the C:/windows/temp/gopher2002.GBK will I loose any of my database?

Comment

Can you still use the program normally? Does all of your information appear on the various screens (e.g. Customer, Schedule, etc)?

What happens if you click the Validate button instead of Repair Database?

Comment

Yes I can still use the program normally (just can't backup or clear errors) and if I hit VALIDATE instead of REPAIR DATABASE I get the same error "bad perameters on..."

Comment

Ric,

What are you backing your data up too? What kind of device? If all else fails at the moment you can go into your my computer icon from your desktop and copy the gopher2.gdb file. GDB stands for Gopher DataBase.

Comment

I am backing up to the C drive under the folder gopher created...

Comment

Ric,

Do you normally backup your data onto your c: drive?

The reason I ask, is because if you do, if your hard drive crashes and your backup is on your hard drive, then you won't have a functioning backup.

You should backup your data somewhere else to store it.

Comment

Yes I do always backup to teh C drive...once my new computer comes in a few days I will back up to an external disk...but how do I solve the problem of not being able to backup period?

Comment

OK now I need MAJOR HELP ASAP! I am getting 10 different errors...and now I can't access ANYTHING in Gopher without getting an error......can someone call me 636-795-0521 thanks!

Comment

PLLLLLLLLLLEAAAAAAAAAAASE help gopher I need to access gopher so I can send invoices and enter in data!!!!!!!! THanks!

Comment

Hi Ric,

Could you please tell us the error messages you are seeing. We will need to know to assist.

If you can not gain access to your current database and need immediate access to your system you can attempt to use your last database backup. Then work forward from there.

Comment

The ones that are really getting me mad are "Internal gds software consistency check (can't continue after bugcheck)" and the other is "Dynamic SQL Error Sql error code = 204 table unknown payment" Please help asap I can't do anything without gopher...

Comment

and the original errors in the beginning of this thread...

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X