More help with QBs export

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More help with QBs export

Well i finally got it to export Now my question is, how do u get that dam Gopher_Service thing to go away?? Its really starting to tick me off. And come to apoint to where i dont understand. So should i start a battle with quickbooks or what?

The GOPHER_SERVICE item is required in order to export Invoice data and can't be removed or else the link will not work.

Comment

so i cant use the sales reports in quickbooks now?? Cause it would say that the only items i had sold is gopherserice right?

Comment

Currently, Gopher does not create a separate QB item for each of your service items in Gopher. This is something we plan to expand upon in a future update.

Comment

I have downloaded Gopher and added customers,scheduled work,completed work, billing and exported completed work to Qbooks. The problem I have is when importing completed work to Qbooks I get the following error. Error code47 You can't change type of name or add duplicate name.

Comment

Which specific button were you clicking in Gopher when you got that error message? And which tab on the QB synchronize screen were you on at the time?

Comment

Quote[/b] (maelawncare @ Jan. 22 2006,3:42)]so i cant use the sales reports in quickbooks now?? Cause it would say that the only items i had sold is gopherserice right?
              This is a very important problem Gopher needs to address before the new season kicks in. If not, I will probably stop using it and use QB for invoicing. That is not something I really want to do, but I am anticipating the possibility and have been working with QB invoices to try to manipulate them in a way that will acceptable. I'm just not thrilled with the lack of invoice messages in QB. I will just send separate letters out if need be.

I'm not going to bash Gopher for not fulfilling my specific need, but I would think since it has no accounting abilities that many users probably use QB too. I was very excited about the new export tool until I realized as you did that it isn't perfect. I started a thread a while back looking for user impute and didn't get any. I am glad to know I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Customer service has been great in the fast response to solving issues that are currently solvable (really impressive). You can't find nicer people then here at Gopher, but the programmers take for ever to get anything done. They are getting quit the reputation for slow moving and this is something that Gopher needs to nip in the bud real fast.

Comment

Would this issue be resolved if each item in Gopher's service & material list corresponded with a unique item in the Quickbooks item list?

Comment

Quote[/b] (Gopher Support @ Jan. 25 2006,6:31)]Would this issue be resolved if each item in Gopher's service & material list corresponded with a unique item in the Quickbooks item list?
                  I don't know the first thing about how programs work. Meaning I don't know what happens after I enter the data and how it is handled.

Is there a way to setup all services/materials in QB then have Gopher import them so the two can communicate. When we export the invoice it would be like we just manually created the same invoice in QB (using the invoice date). Then when we export payments to QB it would act as if we manually entered that payment in QB. This way QB keeps track of all data as if we never used Gopher.

Comment

Quote[/b] (Gopher Support @ Jan. 23 2006,4:21)]Which specific button were you clicking in Gopher when you got that error message? *And which tab on the QB synchronize screen were you on at the time?
                    I did the export from Gopher and got the message that the file was created for Quickbooks. then went to Quickbooks to see if it was posted and it wasn't so I did an import from Quickbooks using the GOPHER file in Windows Temp folder.

Comment

Hi Lawnscapesinc,

Are you using the newer QB synchronized option or are you using the older IIF file?

If you are using the older one, download the latest Gopher update here.
                      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I downloaded the newer version, but when it didn't export the file I went to Qbooks to try to import the file. I just downloaded the update again and tried to export and it just comes back with file created message and does not export the data to Qbooks.

Comment

Hi Lawnscapesinc,

Can you try using the
                          File | QuickBooks Link | Synchronize with Quickbooks
                          instead of the older export feature? This is the new feature.

There is more information on how to use it here.
                          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

This is what I'am doing. go to file,select Qbooks link,sync with Qbooks,click on QB invoices,select transfer all invoices,date range 1/1/06 1/27/06, click ok. do not get any messages back and nothing post to Qbooks

Comment

The OK button just closes the QB Synchronize screen. You have to follow each step from this post (including installing the QBFC installer):

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum....ckbooks

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X