Gopher Training Class

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gopher Training Class

Welcome everyone to the Gopher training class. Our topic is using Gopher along with the mail merge feature in Microsoft Word.

You can use Mail Merge to create customized letters, flyers or create envelopes. Please note that your invoices are designed to be used with cleared windowed envelopes, so this procedure would not be needed for invoices.

In this example we will create envelopes to send out flyers or newsletters.

All are welcomed to ask questions or post answers. Please share with us how you use Gopher with mail merger.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Step 1. At the top left of your screen in Gopher, click on File then Export Customer List.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Step 2. Choose where you want to save your customer list exported txt file. Save it somewhere you can easily find it.

Comment

Step 3. In Microsoft Word, click File at the top left of the screen then New.

Comment

Step 4. Choose Envelope Wizard.

Comment

Step 5. Choose create envelopes for a mailing list.

Comment

Step 6. Choose Get Data.

Comment

Step 7. Choose open data source.

Comment

Step 8. Choose to open the txt file you had created from Gopher.

Comment

Step 9. Click on Set Up Main Document.

Comment

Step 10. Choose appropriate settings and click ok. For our example, we didn't need to change any settings.

Comment

Step 11. Click on the button Insert Merge Field.

Comment

Step 12. Add the fields you want displayed in your address. The first will be Display Name.

Comment

Step 13. You will then see the display name tag appear.

Comment

Step 14. Continue to add fields, use the enter key to create a new line for Street 1. Use the comma key to insert a comma after the city tag. When you are completed, your's should look like this example.

Comment

Working...
                              X