Transfering your data

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfering your data

If you need to switch Gopher from one computer to another and they aren't networked. Here is a quick simple way to do it. You can backup your database into a *.zip file and email it to yourself. Then retrieve your email on your other computer, save the *.zip file to your computer and then restore your data from that file.

This came in handy the other day when a Gopher user wasn't able to transfer the data via floppy, cd or network.

I tried this route but when I open my e.mail on the other computer it reads:
    "OE has removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: GOPHERBACKUP.ZIP"
    What's my next step? I really need to transfer as my computer freezes every 10 seconds on me for about 30 seconds
    Hope to hear from you soon
    PC

Comment

Hi pcnservices,

You can try to email your gopher 2003.gdb file. This should be located in your c:/program files/ditech/gopher2003 directory. Then on your new system just replace the old gopher2003 with this one.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X