No announcement yet.

My situation.. It never ends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think alot of lco's are out for QUANTITY instead of QUALITY now a days..

In Memory of My Dad..1943-2008..Gary "Snuffy" Smith

Comment

One thing to help narrow down opportunities that hasn't been mentioned. You can't seed St Augustine (which every high end home has) and we don't have soil. We have sand with a half inch of sod on top. There's no clay or soil compaction, etc. I'm not sure that leaves a market for aeration OR seeding, or am I wrong? Maybe look into resodding? Look for burnt out yards or large patches of brown from bugs or whatever, go to the nearest landscape supply place, load up the trailer or truck with sod, and turn average yards into perfect yards. I resodded only about 400 square feet (100 16"x20" pieces of sod I think. You do the math, I'm too tired) but it was a piece of cake. I used a square shovel but I think an edger would've worked to. The old stuff lifted right off the sand "soil" and I just laid the new stuff down. I'm not sure what the going rate is but now is a good time since we're getting more rain to help it get started.
      www.speedyspiderlawncare.com

Comment

products

One thing to help narrow down opportunities that hasn't been mentioned. You can't seed St Augustine (which every high end home has) and we don't have soil. We have sand with a half inch of sod on top. There's no clay or soil compaction, etc. I'm not sure that leaves a market for aeration OR seeding, or am I wrong? Maybe look into resodding? Look for burnt out yards or large patches of brown from bugs or whatever, go to the nearest landscape supply place, load up the trailer or truck with sod, and turn average yards into perfect yards. I resodded only about 400 square feet (100 16"x20" pieces of sod I think. You do the math, I'm too tired) but it was a piece of cake. I used a square shovel but I think an edger would've worked to. The old stuff lifted right off the sand "soil" and I just laid the new stuff down. I'm not sure what the going rate is but now is a good time since we're getting more rain to help it get started.
        You probably wouldn't need aeration but the bio-enhanced de thatcher would help the lawns. It has the natural microbes and fungi the lawns need for robust growth. It also builds humus if you mulch your cuttings. I had St Augustine at my home in Jacksonville. After three years I had about 4" of humus, not just the 1/2" from the sod. Roots well established.

I would have it here but we are at the very top limit for the grass here (Northern South Carolina).

I do sod also, in fact I bid on a housing project with 21 homes under construction on 125 x 200 lots this afternoon. Most homeowners won't go for the more expensive sod, so I offer new lawns, over seeding, etc.

Steve

Comment

Xtreem, have you read this thread? http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=9245 I'm just figuring this out so it could be a disaster, but I sent around 60 emails a couple days ago and have gotten several responses and today a new account without spending a dime! Even though I haven't seen any money yet, it really helps the positive attitude to at least have something going on instead of being frustrated and losing hope. Even if my payment method doesn't work out, if you can find a realtor to send you a list of distressed properties you can email all the realtors and let them know how you can help. Give them a solution to a problem and try to make it seem personal and not just more spam. Realtors get a lot of spam and are quickly ready to delete. Also, in the "subject" line, just put in the address of the property. Then, they HAVE TO open it and read it, because it could be someone interested in buying the property. Promise me you'll give it a try and we'll compare notes and see what works and what doesn't. Oh, yeah, doesn't cost a dime. Lets turn the corner!
          www.speedyspiderlawncare.com

Comment

Working...
          X