Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stepped in Poop, Burned my Thumb, Locked my Keys in Truck

Holy crap. What a day!

It started when I opened the gate at my first job. Dog poop. Everywhere.

I decided to skip it, do the neighbor's lawn, and send a text stating that if they cleaned up, I would stop back tomorrow.
    Fortunately, the neighbor was home, let me know they were out of town and offered to have her son go clean it up so I could cut it while I was there. Sweet.

Mowed two more without incident. Things are going smoothly...

Started a job at a new client's house. Trim, trim, trim, mow, mow, mo-oh SH!T!
    What's that SMELL?!!! Stepped right in it.

Finish up, set backpack blower on tailgate and push it into the bed. As I do so, my left thumb went right into the opening in the case for the muffler.

SONOFAB!TCH!!!!!!!!!

Grabbed my keys, unlocked the cab, and pulled out an an ice pack from the cooler on the back seat.
    Closed the door and went to stand in the shade near the tailgate to cool my throbbing thumb.
    After ten minutes I decided to head out and couldn't get in the truck. There were my keys sitting on the front seat - doors locked. Peachy.

Do I call my wife? She's 15 minutes away and could bring keys. Hmmm... the windows are cracked 2" - maybe I can find something to reach in and hit the power lock button...
    Nope. Nothing.

Do I call my wife, or do I ask the new client if he has a wire hanger and look like an a$$? Screw it - I'm asking - I have work to get done.
    He had just gotten his dry cleaning so he DID have a hanger. YAY!
    Holy CRAP are those things flimsy these days! Every time I got it ON the button, it would just BEND as I pushed downward on it. SERIOUSLY?!!! UGH!

Persistence paid off and me and my throbbing thumb were able to get the door unlocked.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful.

Until I walked through a spider web. ACK!!!!

Across my legs, on my arms, in my MOUTH! I HATE those things!

Oh yeah, and the d0uchebag who called and asked for an estimate to do a one-time cut apparently found someone else to do it and didn't bother calling to let me know. Hey, it was only a 20 mile round trip.
    $8 in wasted gas? No big deal.

Last edited by Hedgemaster; 08-02-2012, 06:49 PM.

I had the rain cloud over me. I left and came right back. It POURED half way to the customer. I'd like to thank the hard working weather men out there who said it would be sunny today, you really did a fine job!

Not NEARLY as bad as your day though! Hows the thumb now?

Comment

Holy crap. What a day!

It started when I opened the gate at my first job. Dog poop. Everywhere.

I decided to skip it, do the neighbor's lawn, and send a text stating that if they cleaned up, I would stop back tomorrow.
      Fortunately, the neighbor was home, let me know they were out of town and offered to have her son go clean it up so I could cut it while I was there. Sweet.

Mowed two more without incident. Things are going smoothly...

Started a job at a new client's house. Trim, trim, trim, mow, mow, mo-oh SH!T!
      What's that SMELL?!!! Stepped right in it.

Finish up, set backpack blower on tailgate and push it into the bed. As I do so, my left thumb went right into the opening in the case for the muffler.

SONOFAB!TCH!!!!!!!!!

Grabbed my keys, unlocked the cab, and pulled out an an ice pack from the cooler on the back seat.
      Closed the door and went to stand in the shade near the tailgate to cool my throbbing thumb.
      After ten minutes I decided to head out and couldn't get in the truck. There were my keys sitting on the front seat - doors locked. Peachy.

Do I call my wife? She's 15 minutes away and could bring keys. Hmmm... the windows are cracked 2" - maybe I can find something to reach in and hit the power lock button...
      Nope. Nothing.

Do I call my wife, or do I ask the new client if he has a wire hanger and look like an a$$? Screw it - I'm asking - I have work to get done.
      He had just gotten his dry cleaning so he DID have a hanger. YAY!
      Holy CRAP are those things flimsy these days! Every time I got it ON the button, it would just BEND as I pushed downward on it. SERIOUSLY?!!! UGH!

Persistence paid off and me and my throbbing thumb were able to get the door unlocked.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful.

Until I walked through a spider web. ACK!!!!

Across my legs, on my arms, in my MOUTH! I HATE those things!

Oh yeah, and the d0uchebag who called and asked for an estimate to do a one-time cut apparently found someone else to do it and didn't bother calling to let me know. Hey, it was only a 20 mile round trip.
      $8 in wasted gas? No big deal.

Sounds like the average day for me at work, i seem to have the worth luck and always end up getting hurt somehow, or something goes wrong.
      sigpic
      Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Thumb should be fine.

I don't know if it will blister later, but right now there's a hard spot near the tip. Make the "OK" symbol and right where your finger touches your thumb is where it was burned.
        I've been burned worse, but it freaked me out when it happened 'cause I felt my thumb PUSH into the hot muffler.

Good thing I don't need my thumbprint to gain access to secret underground facilities.

Hedgeaccessdeniedmaster

Comment

Wow man that really sucks. I had one of those days yesterday too. Tailgate on my truck popped open dumping my honda w/b out while I was driving with a trailer. How I didn't run it over is beyond me. Drive handle fell off and pull chord handle ripped out. I never have my mower back there. Only today cause I went out to do a small property that I can't get my trailer into.

Then, last lawn of the day my new (sept) stihl br600 blower decides to seize on me. Why? I have no clue. haha.

and then... I go back to pick up the pull chord handle (spotted it from the road)and before I can get there we get hit by some crazy flash flood sh** (which never happens here) and it washes away in the river that was once a road.

In conclusion, the mower is 100% fine. I replaced the pull chord handle with a spare I had and the blower is in the shop. Moral of the story? Some days suck but you just gotta keep on truckin.

Hope your thumb is back to thumb wrestling strength asap!

Comment

I was talking to a client while filling my show with gasoline rather than the trimmer.

That sucked, but not as bad as burning my thumb lol.. That'll ruin the week!

Comment

It sounds like yesterday was a very unlucky day for a lot of people...and to think it wasn't even friday the 13th.
              sigpic
              Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

That blower is cursed.

I just whacked my elbow getting it out!

ooooowwww!

Comment

Hang in there guys, the weekend is almost here

Comment

I didn't make it to the weekend unscathed.

Next to last cut I hit a water shutoff pipe sticking out of the ground near the street.
                    Stopped the mower cold. I actually ripped thesteel cap off.
                    My blade is thirteen shades of fu˘ked.

Then I show up at my last cut and it's already been cut!

Ugh. Father payed me yesterday for a one time cut. Son didn't know and cut it.

That is how my week ended.

Comment

And ants. I forgot to mention the ants.

Ants all over me. I was trimming and pushed in under a small tree and when I came back out in the open there were ants all over my shirt and my right arm!

Musta' been on the tree branches.

Comment

And ants. I forgot to mention the ants.

Ants all over me. I was trimming and pushed in under a small tree and when I came back out in the open there were ants all over my shirt and my right arm!

Musta' been on the tree branches.
                        Luckily they werent fire ants. Those things suck.

Comment

It was 1 of those days for me too. I was using the push mower on a hill yesterday and didn't see the brick in the high grass stopped it dead. I bent the blade and broke the deck on the discharge side

Comment

It was 1 of those days for me too. I was using the push mower on a hill yesterday and didn't see the brick in the high grass stopped it dead. I bent the blade and broke the deck on the discharge side
                            OK. I can't complain. At least I only mangled the cutting edge of my blade.

I'm just glad I took my older mower today instead of the brand new one!

Comment

and Ants. I Forgot To Mention The Ants.
                              Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Working...
                              X