Dirty Tactics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Tactics

So today it was raining pretty bad. I decided to take the time and go hand out flyers. I hit a couple neighborhoods with big houses. I rode down the street putting the flyers in the newspaper boxes, and noticed a flyer from another lawn company. I decided (after taking a glimpse around to make sure no one was looking) to take it out and read it. The flyer was begging for business, not to mention the spelling errors on it! So as I continued in my journey, I proceeded to pull out all of his flyers and replace them with mine. Anyone else do some dirty tactics? This should be interesting because you all know you have at one point!

no but I been on the receiving end.

I started getting a bunch of calls from some guy asking for a estimate. I googled his number and saw that he was a competitor. So I ignored him. Then he kept calling and texting. So I picked up and he was on some bull**** about someone stole his yard signs. I was like ok thats nice. He mentioned a display that I had set up in a local bank. A few days later I checked on it and about 500 cards, card holders, and 100 or so flyers were all gone. I then drove around hoping to see a sign from this *** but never did.

Comment

I don't think so!!! You know that's a felony?

That shows very bad character on your part in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents,
      Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
      Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
      CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

I am no legal expert, but that borders on theft in my opinion. Why didn't you just put your with his. If he had spelling errors etc, which one would be more appealing to the customer. I do postcards myself, so have no way of knowing if another company is there or not. Are you going to have the same ethics when you are dealing with your customers?

Comment

I don't get it why would you think that helps you. Most people call more than one business to get prices.

Comment

Its not illegal although it is a bit shady. I pick up fliers only from one company if I see them.. they scare old ladies into doing tree removals.. overcharge them... and sub the work to the lowest bidder.. I would rip their fliers off any day but leave everyone else alone.

Comment

Tough crowd! Its not a felony, only if its in the mailbox and I were to open it. But I heard you can put things on the mailbox?? No idea if thats true or not. As for ethics with customers, my referrals speak for themselves. I treat all my customers the same. I just signed a nice deal with a multi million dollar house, and gave him a price just like any other quote. He called me to thank me, saying that he liked the price. I'm not one to think "well, the house is worth a crap ton of money, so I'll charge the poor sucker more since I know he's rich". Not my style. BUT, when it comes to advertising, I'll do what it takes.

Comment

SECT- what happened to you is just wrong!!!

Comment

The man you took the flyers from... well he is now saying...
                  That is just wrong. He will also have a story to tell. You robbed him of his efforts and his expense of printing and distributing the flyers. Sorry, but that is just WRONG..

Comment

On the mailbox thing is iffy too. I have a client that was leaving the check in the paper box. I found the check leaning against the mailbox post, in the yard a few times, and at the door. The mailman was doing this she didnt even get the paper. So I would be a little worried that the mailman would just chuck them when he came by.

Comment

The man you took the flyers from... well he is now saying...
                      That is just wrong. He will also have a story to tell. You robbed him of his efforts and his expense of printing and distributing the flyers. Sorry, but that is just WRONG..
                      I see what you mean. In the area where I am, its a hard crowd to deal with. I get a lot of city people who migrate to my area to hand out flyers. Its usually the guys who have an old pickup truck with a john deere ride on lawn tractor. They lowball, and are quick to do the "5 finger discount" if your stuff isn't locked up. When they take my stuff, I have no problems taking theirs.

Comment

Its lame. Let your work speak for itself. Ive had my sh!t messed with(signs,posters,etc.) by other companys and I thinks its BullSh!t. Id like for them to do it when I could see them. Anyway I think it is shady and just outright f#cking lame.

Comment

How would you like it if someone did the same exact thing to you? I know I'd be pretty pissed. That's why I try not to steal other's customers- unless they overcharge or I know I can do better

But really- think about what you just did.....

Comment

Not cool at all. There is an old book that has a saying "Do unto others..." You know the rest.

If those people hire this person, they are price shoppers only and you do not want the headache from them as customers anyhow.
                            Pat

Comment

Oh I don't feel bad at all for what I did. Read my previous post. Its street thugs trying to make a quick buck. They don't care if they are in it for the long run, its just some quick cash. The flyers I took had a list of 1,000 different services they could do. I know it gets done to me, I've seen it. I've seen my flyers getting tossed in the trash. I also caught a guy last week looking at my trailer...then sped off when I came around the corner and he saw me. I don't feel bad 1 bit for driving these lowballers out of here. NOW, if it were a good reputable company, I'd leave it. But lowballers...I have no shame in driving them out. They can go cut rowhouses in the city for $10 a cut while unloading everything out of the trunk of a sedan (yes I have seen this!!!!)

Comment

Working...
                              X