No announcement yet.

Dirty Tactics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea thats pretty crap mate, i would never do it, the way i see it we all trying to do the same thing here, which is to make a dollar. your taking somones ability to do so not buy out classing him with business but low and underhand techniques.
    lame on you

Comment

Some people care about the lives of others, while some would care less if they were rid from this world.

I personally don't give a crap. If life has taught me anything, it's giving a damn about others that holds me back.

Do what YOU need to do to get ahead.

-

All I can honestly see is from this thread:

COMPETITION : 0
      YOU : 1

I've never trashed my competitors fliers, but I can't say it's a completely terrible idea without first asking myself, "will it be effective" when it comes to marketing myself.

Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't - let us know, go-getter!

Comment

Probably should not have done it, but don't understand the outrage. Spending some time making your advertising look better than the other guys' would be better use of your time. If you are going to make money at this stuff then that guy wasn't your competition anyway.
        Evansville Lawn Mowing
        Newburgh Lawn Care

Comment

I proceeded to pull out all of his flyers and replace them with mine.
          The thing I wonder is, what kind of reaction might you be getting from homeowners that see you do this?

It doesn't take much for someone inside to notice someone walking own the street going mailbox to mailbox. They can probably see you a lot better than you could see them.

Might someone have seen it and starting talking to their neighbors about it?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Thanks for the good spirits Cheese! Lot's of responses sound like they'd wanna knife me in a dark alley! Lets all face it, summer is here, kids are out of school and need summer cash to buy more mary j cigarettes. Competition is everywhere. Do what you have to do. Competitors don't pay my mortgage. I do. Sometimes you just gotta trash a few flyers. Heres something I did today- met a competitor in an area I don't service. I was getting a few calls to service that area, but didn't feel like making the drive out there. I talked to him today, and told him send people my way since my area is too far for him. In return, I gave him 2 leads today and said I'd pass along others to him that call me. So I'm not such a bad guy! Oh- on a side note, I didn't trash the flyers. I recycled them.

Comment

SECT- what happened to you is just wrong!!!
              Yes it is wrong......

BUT

it's exactly what you did. The only difference is SECT's cards and fliers were in one place, and the ones you took were spread out over a neighborhood.

Comment

Working...
              X