No announcement yet.

So annoying lol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow im lucky. never thaught about this but my person to person customer interaction is low. 95% of the time the owners are not there where i mow. almost all the houses i cut are vacation homes that are only used a few weeks/months out of the year. i was told once by the homeowner stop Weed wackin after about an hour and a half session once. it was on a residence thats a 4-5 hour 1 man job. they told me to come back later when they wernt home. i said OK.....no prob! and came back in a couple days and started all over. but i think they relized the hard work thats put into keeping their place lookin nice.

thats about my only disasterly disturbing disturbance in 2 years of distributing cut grass

as far as the freebies...take them anyway! it makes the customer happy. they want you to have it if they offer it. its almost a form of Butt kissing. They feel all warm and fuzzy after "helpin" you out.
    Last edited by Island Lawn Care; 06-12-2012, 10:47 PM.

Comment

It's difficult, there are so many retired folks in my community. They all need someone to interact with, and unfortunately that person ends up being me.

Having my guy slave away while I'm stuck talking can be a drag. It messes up our system. In some areas, like Mondays, we can get stuck talking to about 7 of our elderly customers a day for 5-10 minutes each, they have nothing better to do.

I have a client who came out side to inform me that he used to make scarves, and if I ever wanted a scarf I should ask him. - this conversation about scarves lasted forever, then it was a conversation about his dead wife, and how he feeds his dog coffee, and how he grew a large tomato once. Then it begins, he talks about every single plant in his garden, then his grandchildren, then his neighbors, etc.

^ all of this gets repeated every time I maintain his lawn. He has memory issues so he must tell me the same story all the time, and often forgets who I am.

Now imagine that this is only one customer, but I have several like this. You can see why I want to rip my hair out. LOL.

Ringing a doorbell to say hi to a client, just to have good 'client relations' is never simple as just saying "Just wanted to say hi" - no - this could put me in a trap where I'm stuck chit chatting all damn day and not getting any work done. They will want to talk to me about their family and how well they've all grown up, and about their previous jobs, about the year 1000 when my clients were probably born and had to run from dinosaurs daily.
      Last edited by CHEESE2009; 06-13-2012, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X