Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeah, but where the FRICK is your HOUSE?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, but where the FRICK is your HOUSE?

Pick an email, any email, or a voice mail for that matter...

Listen to the potential client ramble and tell you that it's a "small" lot, or "I need help!", and blah, blah, blah... "Oh, and I live in West Podunk, how much to cut my lawn?"

CHEESE AND RICE!
    Can ANYONE give a STREET ADDRESS when they are ASKING for an ESTIMATE???!!!

SERIOUSLY. Would it be TOO MUCH to ask?

No. I gotta play phone tag and call them back and get an answering machine, which means that when THEY call ME back I'll be running a mower and can't HEAR the call. Then when I DO finally get the ADDRESS, I find out that I was just TWO FRICKIN BLOCKS away from it when they called the FIRST time and didn't give a house number, OR street.

MOTHERFudgeinabucketof... AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHGGGGG!!!!

Of course I'm now TEN MILES away from them.

EVERY. FRICKIN. TIME.

MOTHERFudgeinabucketof... AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHGGGGG!!!!.

Bad day I take it Hedgemaster????
    LOL I had the same problem when I ran an auto repair shop. Id spend half an hour trying to tell them to bring it in and let me look at it. but NO they expect you to know why the WHATCHA-CALL-IT connected to the DOO-HICKY on the side of the motor isnt working. WOW I MISS THOSE DAYS...........NOT!
    Last edited by Al Kessinger; 04-16-2012, 09:49 PM. Reason: TYPO

Comment

I have my voicemail set up that says leave a number, address and service required. They never listen! They also like to have some kind of weird out of state number so I cant even recognize where there calling from. I figure its spam and dont answer but its a job lead. If I do answer its spam. Then when I do figure out where there calling from its 20 miles away from where I'm at but just was a hour ago.

Comment

No. I gotta play phone tag and call them back and get an answering machine, which means that when THEY call ME back I'll be running a mower and can't HEAR the call. Then when I DO finally get the ADDRESS, I find out that I was just TWO FRICKIN BLOCKS away from it when they called the FIRST time and didn't give a house number, OR street.
        Do you find any correlation between those that call and don't leave an address with telemarketers or some kind of spam going on?

Or are these people just not paying attention?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I hate that crap.

Happens all the time... I get lucky if they leave their home number, then I reverse search it to find where they live lol.

I hate when they say; "Hi my name is Moron, I want lawn service... call me at 'cell phone number'".... So useless...

I want to avoid conversation unless it's a lawn I want! I don't want to call back some freak with a trashy lawn getting their hopes up.

Comment

Do you find any correlation between those that call and don't leave an address with telemarketers or some kind of spam going on?

Or are these people just not paying attention?
            No. It's just people who don't realize that they are wasting valuable time by requiring additional calls/emails just to get the process started.

Comment

No. It's just people who don't realize that they are wasting valuable time by requiring additional calls/emails just to get the process started.
              i know a guy whos voicemail sends you to the website and you put in your info for a quote. He doesnt return voicemails for quotes. He is a a-hole computer software guy who bought a established tree service and actually does quite well despite not knowing how to start a chainsaw... (really... not joking...)

Comment

Bad day I take it Hedgemaster????
                LOL I had the same problem when I ran an auto repair shop. Id spend half an hour trying to tell them to bring it in and let me look at it. but NO they expect you to know why the WHATCHA-CALL-IT connected to the DOO-HICKY on the side of the motor isnt working. WOW I MISS THOSE DAYS...........NOT!
                Al,you and I have a common history.I was an auto mechanic-shop manager from 1982 untill 2008.I was a member of Iatn.

Comment

Al,you and I have a common history.I was an auto mechanic-shop manager from 1982 untill 2008.I was a member of Iatn.

So you know exactly what im talking about then.
                  I still believe that these cars need a trouble code named " Driver-Idiot" lol

Comment

So you know exactly what im talking about then.
                    I still believe that these cars need a trouble code named " Driver-Idiot" lol
                    I agree.
                    I helped my father run his business from a corner gasoline station.
                    the "Driver Idiot"was a daily event.

Comment

You mean that when I call you and ask why my car is going shang chang chang at 30 you cant tell over the phone whats wrong?

Comment

You mean that when I call you and ask why my car is going shang chang chang at 30 you cant tell over the phone whats wrong?
                        If I told you my shifter lever went "pop" and flew all the way to the right today, could you tell me what's wrong over teh interweb?

Comment

If I told you my shifter lever went "pop" and flew all the way to the right today, could you tell me what's wrong over teh interweb?

I agree with one of the posts in that thread sounds like a busted linkage cable or Ive seen where the cable comes out of the bracket by the transmission, so when you move the shifter your just moving the slack in the cable and not actually shifting the transmission

Comment

I agree with one of the posts in that thread sounds like a busted linkage cable or Ive seen where the cable comes out of the bracket by the transmission, so when you move the shifter your just moving the slack in the cable and not actually shifting the transmission
                            Yeah, I hope it's an easy fix and is a readily available part. Fortunately it "broke" in neutral. At least they didn't have to drag it up onto the flatbed.

Oh, and if anyone is wondering, YES I have pics of it.

Comment

Just now on my voicemail...

"Hi, my name is Carrie, I'd like an estimate for grass cutting, my number is 123-456-7890."

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHGGGGGG!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X