No announcement yet.

I'm not taking the job anyway, lady.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to have some sort of small, maybe even electric mower, that could be carried through a house to mow a back yard with no access from the street?
    I can mow their hall on the way through. Weed whacking the curio cabinet takes patience.
    Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to have some sort of small, maybe even electric mower, that could be carried through a house to mow a back yard with no access from the street?
      got a call from a client he is way off our route but he was willing to pay $50/cut for his 100/sqft of a lawn in the back when i got to the property i noticed there was no side access, there was a 3 feet wall all around his property he took me through the front yard down 3 flights of stairs to the bottom of his property he showed me the "lawn" and said he had no time to do it and was willing to pay $50/cut but i would have to jump the wall and climb down the hill to his backyard, i looked at him waiting for a laugh... never came the guy was serious, i told him srry get a string trimmer and do it on the weekend he was not amused told him it would cost him about $75/cut he said he would call me back... hasn't called me :P people are interesting this days.

Comment

Seems like quite a few customers and prospects don't understand that difficult access or obstructions takes more time, and we have to receive fair payment for our time.

Likewise dog eggs. Serious health hazard. Wet ones that get blown through the machinery when they're discovered isn't pleasant. Dry ones that explode into dust end up in your lungs, complete with all the interesting organisms that live in 'em. Some animal owners are grubby and unfair to their furry charges.

And most of 'em don't understand that machines have a finite life, and repair and maintenance expenses, and that all cost must be accommodated in the fee for the job and allow for replacement of the machinery in due course.

One day, the perfect customer will come.

Cheers - OziGardenGuy aka My Garden Guy.
        sigpic www.mygardenguy.com.au Lawn mowing, lawn care and gardening services on Sydney's North Shore.

Comment

Working...
        X