No announcement yet.

The "next step" threshold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of trailers - OMG this SUCKS compared to just driving my truck with the push mower on the cargo carrier.

Last year I only used the trailer for cleanups. Today I took it out with the mowers and the load/unload is slower, driving is slower, finding somewhere to park slows you down, gas mileage is surely going to go down.

There's something to be said for working a ton of tiny lawns with a truck and a push mower.

I'm starting to think that the best money for your effort exists at the far ends of the spectrum - the guy with a truck and a mower who mows a million lawns in the city, and the big guys with the 20' trailer and ZTRs to mow a few large lawns for big bucks.

The new walk behind is nice, but it adds time and effort to the mix as a result of the need for a trailer to haul it.

It's surely something to think about. Realistically, a truck is sufficient enough without anyone actually needing a trailer. A trailer is mostly for show, as it's been the trademark of lawn service for years.

When I first began, I would have loved to have one of those cargo carriers that attach to the hitch... Very cool stuff! I was never able to find one!!!

Comment

Working...
    X