No announcement yet.

Zombie = Me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now i see why you can't find anyone to work for you, they take one look at the job and run for the hills

Comment

Scott,

When you show up to the jobs with such walkways and stairs, how long does it take you to clear them on average?

Do you ever play around with using a leaf blower on them to remove the snow or does it get too thick and heavy?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I feel your pain Scott. So far this winter we have received 1 inch of snow total , 1/8" of ice total and thats it. average day time temps since december 1st has been 40-60. night time temps 20-40. any storms came in the form of rain. the ground hasnt even frozen solid yet and probably won't. a typical winter is usually 20 inches on average for the year. but I am soo hoping for an early lawn season. Scheduled start date is april 1st but hoping for as early as March 18th. got my fingers crossed.

Comment

Scott,

When you show up to the jobs with such walkways and stairs, how long does it take you to clear them on average?

Do you ever play around with using a leaf blower on them to remove the snow or does it get too thick and heavy?
          Nah, I leaf blower wouldn't be able to move anything unfortunately, would be cool. By the time were 1/3 in the route, the snow becomes solid.

As for how long it takes, we've kind of built a system so we're pretty fast.

Basically, we shovel our way up the stairs, and then back down again. Shoveling up the stairs means we shovel the snow to one side of a staircase, then on the way down we bring all of the snow down onto a path, then throw it onto the lawn or driveway depending on if the tractors have arrived yet.

If you don't have the right mind set, it'll be a long job. You really need to 'attack' the snow and know how to shovel different types of snow.

So our system is basically;

Person 1 goes ahead, and works their way up the stairs, pushing the snow to the right/left, and then works their way down the stairs dragging the snow with them.

Person 2 clears the main path, and helps to clear the snow that Person 1 has pushed down the staircases.

... I really wish I could make a video to demonstrate some shoveling tips/handling, I've got loads of them.

... Person 1 will actually do a fast job to clear the edges of the path, on the way up.. To avoid wasting time, having snow fall onto other steps... bla bla bla, this makes no sense unless I show you LMAO.. dammit.

Comment

Working...
          X