Grass up to my... ummm... butt.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grass up to my... ummm... butt.

Seriously. The grass was up to my A$$!!!

I got an estimate request via email, from an out of town potential client - "If it's $60 or less, go ahead and cut it. If more than $60 send me a quote."

$60???

Are these people on CRACK?
    The front was only about 15'x20', but the back was the width of the house and about 60'-70' long.

$60???

Did I mention that there are STUMPS hidden somewhere in the tall grass? At least she warned me about them. I spoke to a neighbor while there to look at the place... "Watch out for the stumps if you cut that", he said. "You'll bend a shaft for sure!"

$60???

And poop. Lots and lots of dog POOP. From a BIG dog!

$60???

Methinks not.

When you quote it, send a picture or 2 with the quote. They might just not be aware of how bad it is?
    Evansville Lawn Mowing
    Newburgh Lawn Care

Comment

go hack it down to a managable level with a sharp sythe ,then cut it .

Comment

When you quote it, send a picture or 2 with the quote. They might just not be aware of how bad it is?
        She knows. She was "home" a week ago. It's surely grown some since, but she knows...

Comment

go hack it down to a managable level with a sharp sythe ,then cut it .
          Honestly. It's not going to be worth my time/effort/risk to equipment even if I charged her $100. (IF she was willing to pay that)

A sythe? I didn't think anyone knew what one of those were any more. LOL

Comment

I have one at my camp ,we use it to clear the old farmers field behind my place ,and you can clear a lot of area in a big hurry ,2 foot blade,swinging through a 180* arc cuts a lot in a hurry .I bought mine in the early 90's ,its a high teck one with an aluminum handle l.o.l. ,think it was about $30.00 at a farm store ,but you can find old ones around easy enough too because people are too lazy to use them [or,they just bought a damned tractor ]

Comment

The guns and roses song comes to mind...

Welcome to the jungle!!!!!!

Comment

LOL!!!

What would be better in a forest, a scythe or a machete??

I notice that the blades on most machetes wobble a lot, never used a scythe on anything lol...

It's a good tool to scrape the underside of your mower!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx_PDiEjW_E

check out this sythe vs string trimmer .

Comment

LOL!!!

What would be better in a forest, a scythe or a machete??

I notice that the blades on most machetes wobble a lot, never used a scythe on anything lol...

It's a good tool to scrape the underside of your mower!
                    Cleaning under your mower? Perhaps you are thinking of a sickle?

I used a machete last year to hack down a patch of Japanese Knotweed.
                    Big fun.

Maybe I should have taken this job. I had to take a cat to the ER today. $170 worth of "walk through the door, give him fluids, and anti-nausea medicine."

Ugh.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx_PDiEjW_E

check out this sythe vs string trimmer .

That video made me really angry lol.

I wanted to shout at it all the way through.

Comment

I'd love to see some pictures from this job site.
                        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I usually take a lot of pics, but when I decided "screw this", I only took two shots of the stuff up front to show my wife. I should have had the guy I was talking to stand in it to show scale, but trust me, that stuff is up to my a$$...

Comment

WOW, you are certainly putting your mower through the paces!
                            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X