No announcement yet.

Broken Glass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know why anyone legit would want to help you in this situation. All the guys out there without licenses insurance, or permits are screwing everyone else who is running a BUSINESS.

Comment

I'm going to copy and paste the first post and e-mail it to all my customers and let them know why they are lucky to have me
      A LICENSED & INSURED CONTRACTOR
      on their property and not some hack looking to duck out on repairing damages he caused.
      John @ ProCut Turf Management
      former sn: ProCut TM went down so this is my new sn

Comment

I'm going to copy and paste the first post and e-mail it to all my customers and let them know why they are lucky to have me
        on their property and not some hack looking to duck out on repairing damages he caused.
        That is a most excellent idea!
        Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

Why would you do that?

Just to update everyone on my situation. I have had the window fixed, two days ago on the 5th. I was able to find someone off Craigslist to do the job for $200 saving me around $150.

Since the job was $75, and I didn't get paid the day I broke the window, I was able to subtract that from the $200.

On the 31st I had a job where I hauled away some debris, including some nice XIX 20'' rims and tires (2 damaged). 3 days later into the new year on the 3rd, I was able sell them on Craigslist for $100. Using that $100 towards the glass repair, I was able to resolve the problem, and still owe only $25. I offered to pay it to her along, with a free yard clean up just for the inconvenience.

Broken Class Repaired!
          It takes at least two steps to be 3 steps ahead!

Comment

Why would you do that? ...
            It's a good example to customers of who not to hire. Did you get insurance yet?
            Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

Why would you do that?
              Competition is very tough and sometimes we have to educate our clients why we may cost a little more than others, we all know it costs us a lot to do everything by the books and those costs are reflected in our quotes.

Sometimes we have to put ourselves in the clients shoes, would we hire an electrician, plumber, roofer etc. to work on our property knowing they are not licensed or insured, some may, most will not. Our business is not that much different, Insurance covers the what "if" and even mowing a lawn stuff happens.

Just google Lawn Mower Accidents, Technology Associates reported there were over 180,000 accidents in the USA last year alone. I suspect most are by the homeowner that may not know quite as much as we do but the point is accidents happen no matter what industry we are in and we should be covering our butt.
              Andy
              Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Why would you do that?
                For the record I decided not to send it out, but the other guys have right. It's situations like this that home owners need to educate themselves on. What bothered me more than you thinking you might not be responsible for the window, was the fact that you asked if they would be liable if you were injured on their property. I would not be friends with someone I thought might be out the get a law suit paycheck, much less hire the person to work on my property.

I'm glad you were able to fix the window.

You should get your license & insurance, it's not that expensive and you will get more customers if you are a legitimate business. Take this all as a learning experience and move yourself in the right direction. Best of luck this year.

JL
                John @ ProCut Turf Management
                former sn: ProCut TM went down so this is my new sn

Comment

For the record I decided not to send it out, but the other guys have right. It's situations like this that home owners need to educate themselves on. What bothered me more than you thinking you might not be responsible for the window, was the fact that you asked if they would be liable if you were injured on their property. I would not be friends with someone I thought might be out the get a law suit paycheck, much less hire the person to work on my property.

I'm glad you were able to fix the window.

You should get your license & insurance, it's not that expensive and you will get more customers if you are a legitimate business. Take this all as a learning experience and move yourself in the right direction. Best of luck this year.

JL
                  Thanks you very much for your positive input. I am currently working on getting licensed.

Comment

Did the customer decide to stay with you?

You could turn this around from a negative to a positive. Maybe it could even be used in your marketing.

Maybe show how sometimes accidents happen and that you are insured.

You could show how you broke a window and then you replaced it. At the end you could ask the customer if their lawn care business would do that? Maybe even get a testimonial quote from that customer to use?
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

To update everyone on my current situation. I've been called back to work by the customer. After resolving the "broken glass" problem on the 5th of Jan, I received a call on Jan 13th. Set up a time to come back out for some maintenance work on the 18th.

Comment

That is great news! Are you going to try to use that situation as a way to get more customers? Maybe by getting a testimonial from them?
                        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
                        X