No announcement yet.

WTF! Are you serious!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a douche bag, he'll get whats coming to him sooner or later.

Comment

Turn his evil deeds against him by using them to attack his business through publicity. Guerrilla warfare, turn his actions into your strength. You must get positive ID of the perp to do that.

Don't do reactive things like getting Stihl gloves and vinyl to "show him". Use practical, effective, direct action to ID the threat and deal with it.

Get a surveillance camera(s) as someone already suggested. Set up some means of recording what it sees. Put it where it can see your tools, truck, etc. while stored or parked.

If the camera records the perp in action then show it to the police. If he is caught and convicted or otherwise legally determined to be the perp then publicize that he tried to sabotage your business (assuming it was a competitor) by telling the local newspapers, encouraging local news to show the surveillance video, and using the thefts in your advertisements. "Lawn service so good my competitors have to resort to this ..." Press charges. Consider a law suit.

All that is only if the perp is definitely ID'd in the eyes of the law though.

Also simply continue to expand your business. If you are taking his customers then that will take more of them.

(Get the gloves and things if you want them other than related to the theft of course.)

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I also lost my door magnets, but I was going 65mph on the interstate on a windy day and when I pulled up to pass a semi they disappeared. I would see if the newspaper would run an article. Not only would it worry him(if he reads it) but it will also be a good/free way to get your name out. We have the usual A holes around here that will take your sign if you leave them on busy corners. It's never happened to me but I've heard from others. I guess if the competitor isn't up for competing, then stealing you signs was his only option. Now that's sad.

http://www.facebook.com/CLsLawnCare.SnowRemoval

Some of my work! "Like" my page.

Comment

Mr.Lank...

He/They stole the MAGNETS directly off my truck lol. They werent lot signs or anything, they were magnets...

Matt
          M.A.K. Landscaping

http://www.ma-klandscaping.com

407-949-1073

Volusia County FL
          Seminole County FL

"Treating your property as if it were OUR own!"

Comment

Turn his evil deeds against him by using them to attack his business through publicity. Guerrilla warfare, turn his actions into your strength. You must get positive ID of the perp to do that.

Don't do reactive things like getting Stihl gloves and vinyl to "show him". Use practical, effective, direct action to ID the threat and deal with it.

Get a surveillance camera(s) as someone already suggested. Set up some means of recording what it sees. Put it where it can see your tools, truck, etc. while stored or parked.

If the camera records the perp in action then show it to the police. If he is caught and convicted or otherwise legally determined to be the perp then publicize that he tried to sabotage your business (assuming it was a competitor) by telling the local newspapers, encouraging local news to show the surveillance video, and using the thefts in your advertisements. "Lawn service so good my competitors have to resort to this ..." Press charges. Consider a law suit.

All that is only if the perp is definitely ID'd in the eyes of the law though.

Also simply continue to expand your business. If you are taking his customers then that will take more of them.

(Get the gloves and things if you want them other than related to the theft of course.)
            The stuff from STIHL was a bonus, i figured i have to redo my vinyl on my trailer and truck anyways since he scraped the hell out of it. I only contacted STIHL to get vinyl to redo my trailer and give the business more edge and an oldschool kick that most trailers lack.

"ID the perp" My signs were seen on a van the other day by myself and i called and gave the tag number, i havent heard anything back yet.
            The expansion of the business will be seen all over Daytona Beach here in about a week. I have a few new things to market with so, if he stops for chinese or fuel where i have my items placed, he will see i am expanding in the wake of his idiotness.

Matt
            M.A.K. Landscaping

407-949-1073

Volusia County FL
            Seminole County FL

Comment

thinking back to my childhood. I woulld rig a explosives around the perimeter of your entire yard and anyone after dark and until 8am would get paintballed with permanent red ink blown up all over them or maybe tarred and feathered lmao. but on a legal note. get a security camera and/or motion sensors so if anything larger than say large dog approaches your truck, bright halogen lights come on, camera records and a loud speaker comes on saying "INTRUDER! INTRUDER! STAY WHERE YOU ARE OR WOULD WILL BE SHOT!!!" OK MAYBE NOT THE SHOT PART BUT SOMETHING TO DRAW ATTENTION TO THEM SIMILIAR TO A BUGULAR ALARM in a house.

good luck.

Comment

thinking back to my childhood. I woulld rig a explosives around the perimeter of your entire yard and anyone after dark and until 8am would get paintballed with permanent red ink blown up all over them or maybe tarred and feathered lmao. but on a legal note. get a security camera and/or motion sensors so if anything larger than say large dog approaches your truck, bright halogen lights come on, camera records and a loud speaker comes on saying "INTRUDER! INTRUDER! STAY WHERE YOU ARE OR WOULD WILL BE SHOT!!!" OK MAYBE NOT THE SHOT PART BUT SOMETHING TO DRAW ATTENTION TO THEM SIMILIAR TO A BUGULAR ALARM in a house.

good luck.
                What i am looking for, is a "Sensor" kind of thing. I would like to be able to put a sensor on the trailer and mount it near the window of my bedroom, if someone attempts to pull the trailer; say more than 5feet from where its sitting, it will sound, the truck is getting an alarm installed soonly.

Matt
                M.A.K. Landscaping

407-949-1073

Volusia County FL
                Seminole County FL

Comment

News Paper!

http://daytonagazette.com/not-a-warm...-daytona-beach

The story is there.

Matt
                  M.A.K. Landscaping

407-949-1073

Volusia County FL
                  Seminole County FL

Comment

I left a reply there. Hey free advertising for you.....
                    Pat

Comment

HA! awesome, you and Artie are awesome. THANKS!

Matt
                      M.A.K. Landscaping

407-949-1073

Volusia County FL
                      Seminole County FL

Comment

i sent a reply too
                        Just Kut Lawn and Landscape
                        "Where Service is Always in Season"
                        Reach for the stars so if you fall you land on a cloud.

Comment

Like a Big Family here on the forum!

Always here to Help!

Thanks!
                          Artie
                          Artie Crowley
                          www.marketingholders.com
                          sales@marketingholders.com

Comment

Matt,

That is fantastic! Give us the low down on how you got them to write the article about you.

Also have you noticed an uptick yet in calls from the article?
                            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I havent received any emails or anything from the story yet, i dont think i will. But, gets me out in front of the people that read these articles. Which could evolve into something sooner or later! I hope?

I emailed the editor of the paper, which turns out to be the only one writing articles for the paper at this moment. He wants to start doing some networking and i might start writing an article for him in the near future.

WE SHALL SEE!

I appreciate all the comments on the article gents!

Matt
                              M.A.K. Landscaping

407-949-1073

Volusia County FL
                              Seminole County FL

Comment

Oh that is great! What kinds of topics would you like to write articles on?

Also, do you know if your article made it to their print version or was this just online?
                                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
                                X