No announcement yet.

She's gone ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any chance this mower was treated with something to keep the grass from sticking to the underside of the deck or is it simply better designed?
    Actually, before I returned the 40" I treated it with Fluid-film and used it for a week along with every style of blade available. The Fluid-film didn't prevent any buildup but it did make cleaning it out very easy. Just put your hand under there and wipe it off.

I wish I had taken some photos of the underside of the 40". There is no room under there. It's a 3 blade design and the spindle housings are 9.375" in diameter leaving only 2" between the spindle housings and the baffles. Add to that the short diameter of the baffles and you've got a real problem under there.

The 36" is a two blade design and there is just so much more room for air to move under there.
    Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

Who would have thunk the 36" would have more room for air to move than the 40" deck! Very fascinating!
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I hate to bring up this old topic but it's just too funny. I was looking at a few new mowers at my local Toro shop and the sales man said "you should look at this mower, it's the cream of the crop, top of the line, used but only has around 100 hours on it".

I looked at it and said "I know. It's the one I brought back because it sucks!" HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH. It was the 40" Turboforce I had returned last year.

Comment

LOL aint that something!
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

that just shows that the dealer [or at least the salesman ] is a slime ball liar thats not worth dealing with .

Comment

It did put a damper on my buying enthusiasm, that's for sure.

Comment

Now that it has been a year since you got your 36" how do you like the way it performs, have you had any issues with it that you can share?

Comment

Now that it has been a year since you got your 36" how do you like the way it performs, have you had any issues with it that you can share?
                  The transmission went out in the 11th month and the dealer wasn't going to fix it. I had fight for them to honor the warranty. Then it started acting up again so I got the transmission off of the old mower and it's much better even though it's the same model. Toro's reliability isn't what it was in the past.

I used to swear by Toro but now I'm looking elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                  X