No announcement yet.

What a Friggin Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does this work out? Do you go to their store and drive it around for potential customers to watch? Or is there more to it?
    No, these are big machines brought into a quarry by tractor trailer, the sales guys speak, I do the demos depending on what the potential customer is interested in, it's advertised on TV and paper, probably 2,500 people will show and yes tire kickers also.
    Andy
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

That fascinates me they would call you to do this. It makes sense, but I would have figured the staff at John Deere would know how to use all these machines and wouldn't need to hire anyone to do such a job.

But maybe it just comes down to, they know how to speak about the machines and you know how to use the machines in real life situations.

This sounds like it is going to be very interesting.

How often do they have these and have you ever been to one before? What do you think of them?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

That fascinates me they would call you to do this. It makes sense, but I would have figured the staff at John Deere would know how to use all these machines and wouldn't need to hire anyone to do such a job.

But maybe it just comes down to, they know how to speak about the machines and you know how to use the machines in real life situations.

This sounds like it is going to be very interesting.

How often do they have these and have you ever been to one before? What do you think of them?
        With no disrespect to the dealer, the staff know what they have read about the machines and sell based on that, this is one reason the dealer had every staff member come out and work with me for at least a day, we know all the in's and out's, things never mentioned in the brochure and there is nothing that compares to hands on experience.

I have tought the dealer a lot, my tractors all have custom features that I either saw somewhere, read about or used on a larger model.

They have these demo's once in the spring which I worked at and actually sold 7 pieces of equipment on my own and one in the fall, this is the big one as snow removal gear will be there also.

Running machines is simply in my blood, my sister was a massive potatoe farmer, around 1,200 acres, 16++ tractors and two very large barns full of gear, I loved working on the farm and starting driving tractors around the age of 12 by myself, running them day in and out, I was running a skid steer by the age of 13 in the barns moving potatoes from bins to train cars, I think the only machine I know of that I have not operated would be a boom lift, everything else I have even bull dozers as we used them on the farm to clear new land.
        Andy
        Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

You should take some pictures of the demo. I'd love to see what goes on there at them.

Also, you could offer to make some videos for them on how to operate the different machinery. They could be put into dvd format and attached to the machinery. Or they could be made available for viewing on their website.

In the past you have talked about how fantastic their support has been for their product and it has made me wonder, are other manufacturers on par with them or does John Deere simply stand out with their support?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

You should take some pictures of the demo. I'd love to see what goes on there at them.

Also, you could offer to make some videos for them on how to operate the different machinery. They could be put into dvd format and attached to the machinery. Or they could be made available for viewing on their website.

In the past you have talked about how fantastic their support has been for their product and it has made me wonder, are other manufacturers on par with them or does John Deere simply stand out with their support?
            Very good question, it depends on where you live.

I belong to a tractor forum which is massive, some folks have very poor experiences with Deere, I should say the Deere dealer.

Color doesn't mean a lot to me, it's how well the product performs and the team where I bought it to back it up.

I have operated machinery from six differnet manufacturers, they all have their strengths and weakness but when the day is done, they will all do the job.

My blood runs green only because of the dealer, the staff, the support and the feeling like I am family, once I am in bed with a product or manufacturer, a sales guy's chances of switching me are near zip, like the old saying goes better the devil you know than the one you don't, even when I have an issue with something which is rare, it's a none issue after a quick telephone call and it has happened a few times this year.
            Andy
            Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Still waiting for those accident pics. I can't picture it into my head

Comment

Still waiting for those accident pics. I can't picture it into my head
                As soon as I have payment and my lawyer tells me we are clear, I will post them, I have the damage, repair and finished product pictures as does the client.
                Andy
                Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

As soon as I have payment and my lawyer tells me we are clear, I will post them, I have the damage, repair and finished product pictures as does the client.
                  Sounds good, happy to hear your ok.

Comment

My blood runs green only because of the dealer, the staff, the support and the feeling like I am family, once I am in bed with a product or manufacturer, a sales guy's chances of switching me are near zip, like the old saying goes better the devil you know than the one you don't, even when I have an issue with something which is rare, it's a none issue after a quick telephone call and it has happened a few times this year.
                    Do you feel like you have learned business lessons from the way they run their dealership? Have there been ways they have interacted and dealt with you that you learned from and have taken those experiences and lessons and applied them to the way you interact with your customers?

Comment

Do you feel like you have learned business lessons from the way they run their dealership? Have there been ways they have interacted and dealt with you that you learned from and have taken those experiences and lessons and applied them to the way you interact with your customers?
                      I don't think so as it's how I built the last company, started with 8 employees and ended with 451 7 years later when I stepped down, it's all about the team and treating customers like we want to be treated. This lawn care business was to be me, my son and maybe a helper, at one point we had close to 20 staff this summer and here we are mid October, cold with snow flurries and still at least two calls a day for landscaping/excavation services, all pretty much word of mouth or people that have seen our work.
                      Andy
                      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Sounds good, happy to hear your ok.
                        I received payment from the company that did the damage today in the mail along with a nice letter and 32 yards of Organic Top Soil in 2010 at no charge, I thought this was very nice.

As soon as I am told I can post images I will, I just don't want to screw anything up on my end and my lawyer said to hang tight last time we talked until payment was received.
                        Andy
                        Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

I received payment from the company that did the damage today in the mail along with a nice letter and 32 yards of Organic Top Soil in 2010 at no charge, I thought this was very nice.
                          That was very nice. You can tell they really value your business! I am glad this is coming to a final resolution.

Comment

Working...
                          X