No announcement yet.

A couple of Craigslist ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the concept of going with "100% Guaranteed Satisfaction" might actually work. See you gotta figure, if someone is unhappy with your service, they may not tell you and just go with someone else.

Or if they see your guarantee, they may think 'hey I am guaranteed, so I gotta tell my service provider that I am not happy with ______.'

Ultimately don't you try to make every customer 100% satisfied? If so, you might as well use it in your promotion and take full advantage of it.

If a customer abuses this too much, you could always discontinue service if they are too much of a trouble.

What's your view on this?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I agree. I figured if they aren't satisfied with my work, then they will say something after the first time. I just thought it might entice someone to try out my service, if they are thinking about using a maintenance service or if they are unhappy with their current provider.

I really don't know what to think now.

I spoke to my bro-in-law and he said he always fixes any problems asap, but he doesn't promote a guarantee (I already knew this from working with him).

I'm not launching until April so I have a little time to make up my mine.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Jymie - So I just put words below my graphic that I think people will use in their search? Like "mowing, mow, lawn mowing, etc"?
        Thanks

Comment

Jymie - So I just put words below my graphic that I think people will use in their search? Like "mowing, mow, lawn mowing, etc"?
          Thanks
          Yes, use words for all your services, the towns you service as well. I even use zip codes also.
          http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

The only people that look at CL for Landscaping are the one that are looking for the cheapest price. I run ad's on there and every place I go to look at there jaw drops when I tell them how much it's going to cost the. There have been a few places that I've got work at. I know my prices are at , or just below what everyone else in the area are charging. All the low ballers post on CL.

Comment

I have several newspapers I'll be advertising in as well as 4 other local service websites, business cards, etc. So I'm not just counting on craigslist.

Comment

I understand what you're saying shadrach. I removed the guarantee. I'll try it without it first. My point in using it was this - after the first maintenance job I do for them, they would know what to expect (quality wise), they're happy with the service I continue to take care of their lawn. If they weren't happy, I'm done mowing and they got 1 mow for free. If their not happy later in the season then that is something I would have to figure out.

On the issue of graphics over text. I think graphics would stand out over all the other text ads on craigslist.

What I meant in my earlier post was that I'm starting my own business this year. My own equipment, customers, etc. I have experience doing the work, just not the business end of it. What works, what doesn't, getting customers, providing a guarantee, etc.
                Appreciate all the feedback.
                Advice from a graphic artist...

Ditch the drop shadows behind the "services". It's too dark and makes it more difficult to read. It's not that it's not readable, but the goal is for it to be EASILY/quickly readable. Drop shadows are fine for headlines, but not for body copy.

Also, the image you used must have been a low resolution file because it looks rather blurry. It's not the end of the world considering it's a Craigslist ad, but if possible, I would replace it with a better image.

Good luck!

Comment

I appreciate the advice. Will drop with the drop shadow, the graphic was shorter than I wanted so I stretched it to 800 pixels in Photoshop. That's why it looks blurry. I'll change it once I get some photos of my own work.
                  Thanks again

Comment

Ok. Made some changes. Latest amateur attempt. My goal is to get people to call, then I can sell them on my service.
                    Thanks for all the advice.
                    Attached Files

Comment

It looks good. Try it out and see what you come up with.

You could also, make another ad that has a eye catching headline to compare it's results to this one.

Maybe you could say at the top, wouldn't you like to have your lawn look this great and then your business name at the bottom right. Or maybe use the headline call now for your free 21 point lawn analysis today!
                      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Maybe you could say at the top, wouldn't you like to have your lawn look this great and then your business name at the bottom right. Or maybe use the headline call now for your free 21 point lawn analysis today!
                        Good ideas, thanks. Yeah a good headline would work better than a business name. Will give it a shot.

Comment

Here's another ad I made for Craigslist

Attached Files
                          Last edited by jymie; 03-06-2011, 11:31 AM.
                          http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

Wow! That looks good. Very professional looking. Should definitely stand out on craigslist.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X