No announcement yet.

A couple of Craigslist ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is an option when you make the ad to add pics to the ad. If you are trying to add a template to the ad, you need to copy the html code of the template that you made, then paste it on the ad when you create the ad in craigslist.
    http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

the craiglist here does not have an add picture option in services. I wish it did. I can do it under barter but then it will get flagged. so im not sure how to add any kind of picture or anything other than bold print and colored lettering

Comment

the other option you have is save the picture to an image host such as imagecoast.com. Once you save it get the url for the picture from the top of the page in the address bar, or it will give you three options to copy,

then use the following html code when you make your ad.

< img src="insert the url of the picture here">

I put an extra space just before img src, you have to remove the space or it will not work when you post. I had to put the space in or you would not see the example.

Comment

First Craigslist Ad. Feedback please.

Ok, I'm posting my first craigslist ad this spring (if the snow ever melts). Any way, wanted some feedback on it, please. I think the drop shadows might be a bit much and it kinda looks amateurish instead of professional, to me. I would appreciate any comments thanks.
          Steve
          Attached Files

Comment

Ad looks nice. The shadowing makes it look better.
            Evansville Lawn Mowing
            Newburgh Lawn Care

Comment

Ok, I'm posting my first craigslist ad this spring (if the snow ever melts). Any way, wanted some feedback on it, please. I think the drop shadows might be a bit much and it kinda looks amateurish instead of professional, to me. I would appreciate any comments thanks.
              Steve
              Remember that when you post your ad, make sure you ad some words in addition to the picture ad or it will not show up in search results. Be sure to type in your services and towns you service.

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Ok, I'm posting my first craigslist ad this spring (if the snow ever melts). Any way, wanted some feedback on it, please.
                  The middle of your ad promotes your guarantee. Because it is so big, I think it will really grab the customer's attention, but if they ask you about it, how do you explain it to them?
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                  Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

This is what I will tell them "If you are not completely satisfied with my work, then there is no charge". There may be a person here and there that would say something just to get free service once, but I don't think it will be an issue. I will honor my guarantee though.

Comment

"100% happy or its free" is a risky idea. There are more people than you think that will try to take advantage of you with that - probably a higher number with a craigslist ad.
                      "If we make a mistake we will do our best to make it right" or something similar will get you in less trouble and eliminates you being on the hook for customer mistakes.
                      Evansville Lawn Mowing
                      Newburgh Lawn Care

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll take off the guarantee. I've done lawn maintenance with my brother-in-law for years and landscaping with my brother, years ago. But this is my first attempt at running the business end of things. So I appreciate all the help. Thanks.

Comment

As much as i thought about using graphics on craiglist. I thought some people may have slow pcs or graphics would take longer to load. Least with text anything is viewable.

Secondly with offering discounts. I usually offer various discounts on each marketing venue i use. So when I receive a hit i know which it was from.

Currently I utilize craigslist, thumbtack, flyers, google places, facebook, talking to friends and family/relatives. I am working on making a website this year. Lucky for me, I have designed a few websites in the past and i am familiar with the codes.

In the next week or so I will be tuning up all my equipment, getting an oil change on my truck, scheduling existing clients from last year.

Feels weird to be back in the grind of the business. This winter has been SLOOOOWWWW. time to kick myself in the booty and get back in gear.

Good Luck everyone this year.

Paul

Comment

I think that last post sounded better in my head than it did on paper. A guarantee of some sort is a good idea and the placement is a nice focal point on your ad.
                            If someone asked you about a guarantee could you say something like " We haven't really thought about it because we haven't had a customer leave unhappy yet" ( not very good wording -maybe someone smarter can clean that up?). I would try to work something like that before I would say "100% money back guarantee" is all.
                            Evansville Lawn Mowing
                            Newburgh Lawn Care

Comment

There is no law against using both graphics and text ad information in the same ad. In fact it is recommeded to add text to your ad as the information you put into the graphic will not be searchable. You would be limited to what is in the title only for search results. They would get the text and if the graphic is slow load they have the text.

Comment

I understand what you're saying shadrach. I removed the guarantee. I'll try it without it first. My point in using it was this - after the first maintenance job I do for them, they would know what to expect (quality wise), they're happy with the service I continue to take care of their lawn. If they weren't happy, I'm done mowing and they got 1 mow for free. If their not happy later in the season then that is something I would have to figure out.

On the issue of graphics over text. I think graphics would stand out over all the other text ads on craigslist.

What I meant in my earlier post was that I'm starting my own business this year. My own equipment, customers, etc. I have experience doing the work, just not the business end of it. What works, what doesn't, getting customers, providing a guarantee, etc.
                                Appreciate all the feedback.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X