Home designed post card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home designed post card

Here's what I've been contemplating sending out.
    I know I have no fancy logo or nice looking lawn photos on it but I can't fit them with all the text I'd like on it.

Looks too busy

Just remind yourself this.. K.I.S.S. = Keep it simple stupid

Comment

Wow that attachment uploade really grainy & crappy looking.
      But still, you get the point.

You think so Justin? That's why I didn't want to put an image behind it because I though it would make it a visual blur.

Comment

Quote[/b] (musician/lawnman @ Mar. 25 2008,12:24)]You think so Justin? * That's why I didn't want to put an image behind it because I though it would make it a visual blur.
        Yeah.. I think it looks too busy

Comment

Ok I'll try to slim it down I guess
          My initial one had a picture at the top behind the text like this.

Comment

Hi Chuck,

I like your creativity.

I don't know how effective that offer is going to be. It seems to me at first glance, kind of complicated.

If you want to try it, it would be interesting to see if you made two different postcard offers. Maybe use that one and then make one that is painfully simply. Maybe something like 50% off your first mowing.

Will some people call you up to mow once and then cancel? Well that is always a possibility, but what if it works to really get people to try you out and then stick with you.

Maybe then hand out some of the postcards to one side of town and then try the other offer in another side of town and see which one works better.

What do you think of that?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Well It seems to me most new customers call when their lawn is overgrown, be it their mower broke, The old service provider just hasn't shown up or whatever. To cover the added time spent to clean it up the 1st service is often the most expensive. This is why I'm offering the discount on service #2. I've seen alot of people on here offer the discount at the end of the year which is great, if customers are biting on it, keep using that lure. Things are awfully competitive here & I wanted to offer potential customers something alittle bit closer to instant gratification. It is true they might use me twice & that's it but I think at by the 2nd service I will have built some rapport & displayed the quiality of our workmanship enough to retain most customers.

Comment

Looks pretty good. From a design standpoint, it's usually best to stay away from times new roman, go with something a little crisper. I'm no design expert though...

Comment

Quote[/b] (justin_time @ Mar. 25 2008,12:23)]Looks too busy

Just remind yourself this.. K.I.S.S. = Keep it simple stupid
                  To much there.

You only have a short time of those potential customers time otherwise they toss it got to be plain and cut rite to the chase if they have to read they wont. 90% of homeowners around here are getting off work and dont want to deal with reading junk mail or flyers so you have to get something plain and simple cutting rite to the chase but it also has to stick out for them to want to read the little bit that is there

Comment

Ok coach I'll do better next time..... J/k I appreciate the advise, but you guys don't have to keep calling me stupid.
                    LOL

Comment

Ok, take 3 .....
                      What do you think? Still too much?

Comment

Much better I think. It gives the important stuff the attention it needs to make it obvious and concise, while still providing enough information for people who want to look more into it.

Comment

Yea I like this design a lot better too!

You should still consider making two with two different offers and see which one brings you more customers.

Nice job!

Let us know how it works!
                          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

LOL I think it garbage j/k No i think this one is better it cutting to the chase i like steves idea for sure. Im sorry if it seemed like i was getting on ya but i have seen so many people waste time and money on these things. But i like that you are doing this for yourself what type of program are you using again?

Comment

Quote[/b] (lawnindustryconsultants.com @ Mar. 25 2008,7:05)]LOL I think it garbage j/k No i think this one is better it cutting to the chase i like steves idea for sure. Im sorry if it seemed like i was getting on ya but i have seen so many people waste time and money on these things. But i like that you are doing this for yourself what type of program are you using again?
                              No man I don't take it personally, I asked for advice & opnions, I want them to be honest, otherwise why bother saying anything right?
                              Microsoft office publisher is the program I used here.

Comment

Working...
                              X