software help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• software help

Hey guys i see alot of ya'll design your own logos, postcards, ads, etc. and was wondering what software do you use to do these things. I really want to do alot of my own designing but have no clue as to the actual software i need. i see there are several different softwares out there for these purposes but need help in deciding what software i will need. also where do they sell the software at pretty reasonable prices. i looked at some and the prices are outrageous. I did some flyers with microsoft works but really want something good to really make it look professional for my logo and stuff. any help is greatly appreciated thanks.
    Gerald T. Mullet
    K & G LAWNCARE

If you get Microsoft Office, it comes with a program called Publisher that's pretty good. I use photoshop, but that's outrageously expensive if you want to buy it. (I didn't buy it )

Comment

I have microsoft office but the version of publisher that came with it was a trial one and it has expired. I did not even know it was on here and my niece must have tried to use it for school and activated it and now it is expired. I looked at photoshop but it is a little too expensive for me to buy right now. But they say photoshop is a great program maybe later on i can get it.
      Gerald T. Mullet
      K & G LAWNCARE

Comment

Hi Gerald,

For making flyers, have you considered downloading openoffice.org? It's free.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Steve,
          Thanks for telling me about openoffice i am downloading it right now hopefully this help me with what i am trying to do again thanks
          Gerald T. Mullet
          K & G LAWNCARE

Comment

You are welcome!

Let me know how your flyers turn out.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Gerald,

Definitely check out OpenOffice.org, as Steve suggested.

Also, for a GREAT, Photoshop alternative that comes at a FANTASTIC price....FREE....check out Paint.net. It's similar to Photoshop and comes with a bunch of plugins you can add to enhance it's capabilities. You can download it here:

www.getpaint.net
              Chestin

Comment

Hey Chestin...nice to see you on the boards...

The best 'FREE' graphic editor I have ever used is GIMP.

http://www.gimp.org/

I bit of a learning curve...but easier than photoshop.

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I downloaded open office but i can't figure out how to use it. It has a ton of files and i cannot figure it out at all. i click on one and a bunch of files pop up and i can't get anything to open up i might be doing something wrong i don't know does anyone kow if i am screwing it up.
                  Gerald T. Mullet
                  K & G LAWNCARE

Comment

Well there is a document program in open office, can you click on create new document and see if you can create a simple document?

Comment

Working...
                    X