a tag line for a lawn care business

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 18 2008,7:08)]Chuck,

I know this is a little off topic, but did you ever think about doing some kind of show or shows to raise money to say fix up a local park? Or something that would mix the green industry that would promote your lawn care business and your band at the same time?
    Thats is a good idea. The company / friend I snowplow for did work for habitat for humanity and has pictures on there web site of the build with his staff doing the work.

I did a Habitat build once when I worked for Home Depot, but I found some of the builders from habitat were rather bossy.

Granted the guy was an old manand might just be a grump, but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I came out to help you build a house for someone one in need, using my own free time and will and that is how I am thanked for helping you?

I do not have the man power to help on a build but I'm sure I can round up a few of my friends who usually help me out when I do small landscape repairs / installs.

Dave.

Comment

Dave,

Do you think doing such community projects can help promote your lawn care business? Would you consider doing any such projects in the future?

If so, what types?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 18 2008,7:08)]Chuck,

I know this is a little off topic, but did you ever think about doing some kind of show or shows to raise money to say fix up a local park? Or something that would mix the green industry that would promote your lawn care business and your band at the same time?
        Steve,

I know the premise behind your suggestions are great. But what you don't know really is the band is a good fit for a bar or night club, a party band if you will but we are kinda faster heavy music & explicit lyrics are not uncommon in our set lists or even in the banter between songs on stage. It goes overwell in the right environment. On say a sunday afternoon in the middle of a neighborhood park with famiies & children around I think I might stand to anger & lose more than I stood to gain. If we were a classic rock cover band or a country band I could see it but we are all original hard rock with a punk edge. Not Ideal for the promotions you've suggested. Ya know?

Comment

I think that the band should wear some Friction Clothing!!! lol

Comment

You supply the gear & I'll through it on for the gigs man. The rest of the band probably would too, We'll could put you up on our web site as a sponsor.

Comment

James,

You should also get some signature advertisement for your clothing line as well.
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 18 2008,4:38)]Dave,

Do you think doing such community projects can help promote your lawn care business? Would you consider doing any such projects in the future?

If so, what types?
                Chuck,

I would try Habitat again and see how it goes. Like I was saying earlier I'm pretty much a 1 man band at the moment but I would see if I could get friends to come out and represent my company on a build.

I'm not sure how helping on a build would bring me more clients. I know there are allot of corporate company's that are on these builds, so it would be good for networking.

Customers would see your company out there with the big companies and that I imagine could improve your business imagine and perception.

If anything I've just done something good to help my community.

In the winter I help my neighbors who have large driveways, I will plow there driveway before I go out plowing or when I get back from plowing. One of the neighbors I can park my truck and trailer in his drive when I need to. That is going to help me allot this year with the new 16' tandem trailer.

Dave.

Comment

hey steve... we have a tagline for Friction - its...
                  ...everybody needs a little friction.

Comment

Matts coments earlt in this post made me think.... So I went out & pulled the exclamation point off the tagline on my trailer.
                    Good point Matt!

Comment

Oh good for you! Isn't it neat as we talk about all these different topics, we are all able to improve a little here and a little there.

Comment

hey chuck... youll have to shoot me over you address so I can send you down some hats and some shirts!!! Give me a call sometime this weekend... phone is en feugo right now.

Comment

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 25 2008,6:32)]Oh good for you! Isn't it neat as we talk about all these different topics, we are all able to improve a little here and a little there.
                          Yeah I hadn't really though about it, but is amazing how much more sincere "Great rates, Better quality." sounds than the goofy, over promising, B.S. sound of
                          "Great rates, better quality!" Even though it was a sincere sentement It comes off cheesy & I hadn't realized it.
                          So yes these conversations help us all I think.

Comment

One of our clients company tag is "QUALITY NOT QUANTITY" I like that one because another client of ours his is "SEE US MOW SEE US GO" The first guy is a laid back type of guy that wants to make money in this industry but he wants to make money and be happy also working smart not hard but the other guy is a fast paced guy what is making a ton of money in the industry but everyone is a number so he is going on quantity last we checked his customer base was up to 1000 residential homes but he cuts them for 12 to 15 were the first guy cuts some of the same style homes for 20 to 25. The second guy is working hard with all of his employees making just a little bit more than the first guy, and the first Client is working with him and another helper making just a little bit below what the client with all the headaches is doing. Im sorry i got off subject but the reason i did is because taglines are good and motivational. So think of a good tagline what tells people who you and your comapny are.

Comment

hey lawnind. Just a thought, what do you think of ours?

We Love your Lawn.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X