No announcement yet.

Craigslist attention getting ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are some good points. Has anyone experimented with this? Do you run into problems with craigslist if you keep posting the same ad over and over? Can't they potentially ban you from the site?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

What section in craigslist are you guys posting the ads??

Comment

I post in several sections. Always in my hometown, usually in Barter or items for sale. I repost my ads about once per week. I have never been banned for over posting.
        Northern California

Comment

How many responses are you getting per week because of the ads? Are they quality responses? Do they end in sales or are they more tire kickers?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I would say at least have of the responses end up as jobs, whether for trade or cash. I usually get 1-5 responses per week. Averaging 2-3. Not bad for free advertising.
            Northern California

Comment

That is awesome! Nice work!

Comment

I have been using craigslist for about two weeks now. From it I got five responses. I now have 2 new mowing customers, one is a biweekly four property customer from a property management firm and other is a weekly. It seems to be working well for me. I mean, what the hay, it is FREE advertising. I strongly recommend it.

Comment

Hi bullscricker,

Welcome to our forum. Can you sahre with us what kind of message you use in your craigslist ad?

Comment

I used craiglist and get roughly 10 e-mails calls a week. Now not every one of them works out to be a yearly contract but last week I got a $55.00 job and is considering a yearly contract, asked to bid on two property mangers rental properties (11 total and then his personal lawn. that was on thursday and I faxed it on friday) and the week before that I got one yearly contract $65.00 per visit/$7.00 doggie clean-up (see 2 new doggie clean ups this month)/and weed spray killing with fall lawn clean-up, seeding, aeration and fertilizer and another renter paid for us to come and do hourly work and is now signing a bimothly contract since we are headed into that time of year, and one 1 time a month contract.
                    But every new call that I asked, including the Merchants bid all said they saw us on craigslist. I still have not heard anything from Merchants by the way but that was my first commercial bid so I wasn't holding my breath. Today I got an e-mail regarding landscaping and someone who wants to sell their 9 year old lawn and landscaping business (again different person).
                    So overall I would say it has been better for CleanLawn than the fliers I had professionally made up with a sign a yearly contract and get your fourth lawn care visit for free a bust compaired to it.
                    Hope this is helful.
                    Now, its time for me to spend some time and research on pricing for fall clean-up, aeration, grass seeding and fertilizer. So, if any professionals want to throw their pricing suggestions out I am sure I am not the only one interested in the information.

Comment

Working...
                    X