How Jim Bell Promoted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Jim Bell Promoted

Here is a great article on how Jim Bell promoted his skateboard ramps through stores. It really seems to have helped create word of mouth advertising for him. I would think you could use these same principles if you applied them to a landscape supply store or something similar.

What's your view?

Jim Bell - Turning a childhood hobby into mega success - Illinois-native Jim Bell moved to San Diego with big dreams of working in the skateboard industry. After a string of sales jobs with several skate companies, Bell struck out on his own to put his own ideas for a business in motion. In 2004, Bell started Jim Bell Skateboard Ramps with nothing but the money in his pocket. Two years later, his custom-built skateboard ramp business is bringing in a quarter-million dollars in sales.

Word of mouth was also a huge factor in the beginning for Bell. To get the word flowing, Bell hung inexpensive posters up in skate shops around San Diego advertising his custom-built skateboard ramps. When one of Bell's customers would tell him a certain skate shop referred them, Bell would return to the shop and reward them with a check for $50 or $100. He found it was the perfect way to keep his name on the tips of the skate-shop's employees' tongues. "The skate shops all of a sudden were like, 'Hey, we don't have to stock anything in our store, this guy hangs up posters, kids get excited, we tell them about it, and we get a check!'" It was a no-brainer for the shop employees to talk up Bell's company.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Here is his website.

http://jimbellskateboardramps.com/
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X