Facebook advertising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook advertising

Does anyone use Facebook advertising or promoting? I see you can do it for as little as a $1 a day.

I have found that they pretty much advertise to your friends that are on your FB friend list. Their targeting isn't very liable. You'll see x # of impressions but few will be from your local area. That's my experience.
    Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
    Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
    CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

That's weird, because you can choose the radius, among other things from your specific location. They only advertise to your friends?? I was going to try it at the minimum, a buck a day for a Month just to see what happens. Worst case is I'm out $30 lol

Comment

I've selected just FL in the past and see traffic on my website from all over the USA from FB. Even though FL is the only state I selected to advertise in.

With that said, I still run FB ads for Sprinkler Buddy but if I were trying to gain more lawn account, I wouldn't use FB for that. Just my OP
        Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
        Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
        CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

I was going to try it at the minimum, a buck a day for a Month just to see what happens. Worst case is I'm out $30 lol
          Do you know how they charge for that? How many impressions do you get for the money per day and do they charge another fee for a click through?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Does anyone use Facebook advertising or promoting? I see you can do it for as little as a $1 a day.
            My wife added our business to a page within her facebook, doesn't cost anything, but as sprinkler buddy said just fb friends seem to see it. Show times that it has been viewed but have as yet to receive any business from it.

Comment

My wife added our business to a page within her facebook, doesn't cost anything, but as sprinkler buddy said just fb friends seem to see it. Show times that it has been viewed but have as yet to receive any business from it.
              I mean actually paying Facebook to advertise, not just making a page.

Comment

Does it make any sense at all to have a personal page that promotes your business too? Or should they both be kept separate?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

No I guess not just something my wife did, really did not want to pay to advertise on fb, did not feel like would probably get much business from it. May be wrong.

Comment

Does it make any sense at all to have a personal page that promotes your business too? Or should they both be kept separate?
                    I have both like most everyone else. I don't often link my own page on my personal page, because I don't want to spam my friends timelines lol. It also helps a lot to advertise / link to your business page on local facebook groups that you can join, and to "like" other local businesses. I've actually gotten quite a bit of irrigation business from it which definitely helps this time of year when the grass isn't growing.

Comment

I have both like most everyone else. I don't often link my own page on my personal page, because I don't want to spam my friends timelines lol. It also helps a lot to advertise / link to your business page on local facebook groups that you can join, and to "like" other local businesses. I've actually gotten quite a bit of irrigation business from it which definitely helps this time of year when the grass isn't growing.
                      Cool! Sounds good, maybe I need to give it a try and just see what happens. Thanks for that info!

Comment

because I don't want to spam my friends timelines lol.
                        You bring up a good point. It makes you wonder then how much you can post even as a business and not come across spammy. And if people will tend to not like business pages because they post more and are seen as spammy.

Comment

You bring up a good point. It makes you wonder then how much you can post even as a business and not come across spammy. And if people will tend to not like business pages because they post more and are seen as spammy.
                          I usually just bump my ad every 24 hours, as that's what the time limit is that most groups allow. Some don't set limits and you see the same clowns bumping every 2 hours. It can be a mess when there's 10k users in the group.

Comment

I've done a lot facebook marketing for various types of businesses. One thing I found is that for service based industries like lawn care, landscaping, or any home improvement services, they don't work that well.

The main reason is because social media is meant for more entertainment. The mindset of someone on social media is not looking for a local service. However, if you use search-based marketing such as SEO and PPC, you'll find much better success and higher conversion rates. This does mean that you'll need marketing background or have someone else manage it for you.

Comment

Advertising on Facebook can work. I do it for some of my clients. A few tips:

- You need a business page, can't advertise from a personal page.
                              - Start with $5 a day.
                              - Target your area and you can also select to target homeowners. You can include their income level and also their type of household.
                              - One idea is to target new homeowners and then give them some type of discount. If you put "Welcome to the neighborhood" in the ad it might freak them out in a good way!
                              - Let it run for a few days before you touch it. The important thing is to be patient. It takes time to find something that works.
                              - Use a good picture! Either of your team, one of your projects or of yourself.

It works if done right but like I said, you need to test it.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X