Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How I found TOO Many Customers! AND YOU CAN TOO (Step by Step)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, I might put letters on my back windshield for the SMS/Text Lead Gen strategy:

Text
    TheLawnBoy
    to

That way if I want to take if off, I can do so without ruining the paint.
    Last edited by BLC7; 01-16-2013, 04:06 PM.

Comment

yeah i put a video up on youtube and i screwed up on the link so i will have to see what i can figure out that i did wrong.

sucks when you are computer illiterate.
      Last edited by dpld; 01-16-2013, 04:46 PM.

Comment

yeah i put a video up on youtube and i screwed up on the link so i will have to see what i can figure out that i did wrong.

sucks when you are computer illiterate.
        what are you trying to find? The link to the video? Or the link to your youtube page?

Comment

what are you trying to find? The link to the video? Or the link to your youtube page?
          well the problem i am having is my business name is registered with google and i opened a new account in youtube with the same name.

when i try to create a channel and it asks for my name i want it tells me that the name i choose will change how i am seen on all google products and when i try to keep the same name it comes up as a invalid or unavailable name.

so my concern is i don't want to screw up how i am found on the google search by coming up with a different name.

i am sure to someone else it may be a very simple solution or maybe i am making too much out of it.

i see when i go to your channel it says natchez lawn care but in the about section it has your name as bruin lawn so my question is, is your business name bruin lawn care or natchez lawn care?

and i assume natchez is your locations name and if so is that how you are registered with google or are you registered as bruin lawn care?

should i create a account with my city's name and then name the channel as my business name?

i am confused to the point where i have a migrane headache.

Comment

well the problem i am having is my business name is registered with google and i opened a new account in youtube with the same name.

when i try to create a channel and it asks for my name i want it tells me that the name i choose will change how i am seen on all google products and when i try to keep the same name it comes up as a invalid or unavailable name.

so my concern is i don't want to screw up how i am found on the google search by coming up with a different name.

i am sure to someone else it may be a very simple solution or maybe i am making too much out of it.

i see when i go to your channel it says natchez lawn care but in the about section it has your name as bruin lawn so my question is, is your business name bruin lawn care or natchez lawn care?

and i assume natchez is your locations name and if so is that how you are registered with google or are you registered as bruin lawn care?

should i create a account with my city's name and then name the channel as my business name?

i am confused to the point where i have a migrane headache.
            Easy work around... log into your current youtube account. Change the name in the settings to City Lawn Care/Service.

Put whatever you want in the about section.

To rename your youtube account, do this:

-> Log in
            -> Click "My Channel" (top right drop down under your name)
            -> Click "Channel Settings" (top left)
            -> Click "Info and Settings"
            -> Change your channel name

That's all there is to it. Don't worry about creating another youtube channel.

Comment

YouTube has got to be my FAVORITE way of advertising. I get a kick out of thinking up ideas, recording them and producing them. It's really not all that hard guys. If you have a Windows PC, you've likely already got Windows Movie Maker.

Here is one of my favorites. I post it to my website and Facebook page for my business and then share it on my personal Facebook page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VSPIH3ce28

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5VSPIH3ce28" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
              When You Don't Wanna Mow, Text THEYARDBOY to 90210
              To learn more about mobile marketing text MTNM to 90210

Comment

http://youtu.be/JtUKhEtR85M

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JtUKhEtR85M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this is a little half @zzed clip i put together using some pics of the properties i have worked on over the years.
                it is pretty basic and i am not very good yet at doing these things yet.

even the web site i made is atrocious but i will have some better qualified people taking over that job for me.

as is i said earlier i am kind of re re inventing my business after 23 years and by doing so i got to get with the program and do things the modern way in order to make that happen because things like marketing have changed greatly over the last 10 years to the point where i am like a fish out of the water,

i got spoiled from working with management co's the last several years to the point where the times have passed me by.

but the good news is outside of educating myself on how to do these things i have built up hundreds of images of my work over the years so everything you see in this cheesy clip i made was done by me and are either current or past customers.

if any of you watch it, let me know what you think of my stone man sitting on the rock i made 10 years ago.
                Last edited by dpld; 01-17-2013, 09:29 AM.

Comment

if any of you watch it, let me know what you think of my stone man sitting on the rock i made 10 years ago.
                  That is very creative and unique! How did you make that?
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                  Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Cool video.

Let us know when your new site is finished. Would love to check it out. What company are you using for the design?

http://youtu.be/JtUKhEtR85M

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JtUKhEtR85M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this is a little half @zzed clip i put together using some pics of the properties i have worked on over the years.
                    it is pretty basic and i am not very good yet at doing these things yet.

even the web site i made is atrocious but i will have some better qualified people taking over that job for me.

as is i said earlier i am kind of re re inventing my business after 23 years and by doing so i got to get with the program and do things the modern way in order to make that happen because things like marketing have changed greatly over the last 10 years to the point where i am like a fish out of the water,

i got spoiled from working with management co's the last several years to the point where the times have passed me by.

but the good news is outside of educating myself on how to do these things i have built up hundreds of images of my work over the years so everything you see in this cheesy clip i made was done by me and are either current or past customers.

Comment

Text
                      TheLawnBoy
                      to

how do you set this up?

Comment

how do you set this up?

Shoot El Nino Patio (in this thread above) a PM. He's the one that set me up.

Comment

So, since I'm going to also implement SMS/Text marketing along with web marketing, I've decided to attempt to brand the business around town as The Lawn Boy.

With that, I also created a new site: http://thelawnboy.net

I will optimize both bruinlawn.com & thelawnboy.net for the web for double exposure. Now, instead of attempting to flood the search engines with just 1 website, I'll do it with 2.

I'll simply duplicate everything I've done with bruinlawn.com, ie: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Places, etc.

This stuff is just fun.

Maybe this will turn into a full blown dang business after all, if I get a large response from my marketing efforts.

My new goal is to just totally own page 1 of the google search results for all my keywords.

I believe I have A.D.D.

Comment

Guess this is gonna be my logo for now.

Comment

That is very creative and unique! How did you make that?
                              thanks steve.

it was a very time consuming project and took several attempts at getting it right and after you find the right stone to use as your base you take pieces of slate and cut each piece to the shape of each portion of the subject and work your way from the bottom up.

i built it at my shop and then disassembled it and brought it to the site and reassembled it and the final assembly you use adhesive like you use for wall block caps and then you drill through each section like the leg or torso and install a steel half inch rod for added support as well as the section of the torso to the head the rod goes into the base stone as well.

one of the reasons why i want to get back into the high end properties again is because i miss doing that work and using my creative abilities and although we make a good living doing the commercial property care there is not much call for that sort of thing.

i am proud of that project and i am not too sure if i want to replicate it again but if someone wants to pay me what that customer did i would probably do it again.
                              i first got the idea to do that when i seen some similar stone features when i was on vacation in california but the projects i seen that inspired me were far more elaborate and also did some animals and i settled for that one because it was easier to do compared to the other work i have seen.

but there was a lot of trial and error and i went through about 5 times the stone then you see in the piece because we had a ton of screw ups until we finally figured it all out.

Comment

Cool video.

Let us know when your new site is finished. Would love to check it out. What company are you using for the design?

the person i am using for the web design is a customer of mine who is a software engineer and used to do web designs when he first started out and when i told him about my lack of computer skills and what i wanted to do he offered to help me out.
                                so in return i will be doing some work at his property and it will work out great for him and myself because we will both be getting something we need.

the only reason why i did the web site that i have now is because when i switched over all my phones and internet to a new company it came with a web site and i felt it was better then someone getting there and it saying coming soon.

the web site is gonna be more geared towards home owners because with the commercial work i get it all through the management co's so i really don't have to push that too much.
                                if i get back in to servicing the high end properties like i used to do it will allow me to make a little more money in other areas as well as allow me to do all of what i know how to do.
                                the commercial work will be my bread and butter as well as keep the snow plow end of the business going because there is not much money in the home owner market for that.
                                although i am sure to some extent i will have to get back into that as well because it is a double edged sword and you got to take the good with the bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X