No announcement yet.

review my post card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So instead of spending money with mailing post cards I have been using the "grass seed campaign".

Cost without fuel

$3.50 multicolored paper (red, bright green, blue, orange)@Walmart
    Laser printer
    20 LB bag of Rye grass seed $18.79
    5 boxes of 50 count $1 zip lock baggies $5
    1/3 (or less) of a cup of seeds
    I fit 8 "Sprinkle these seeds where your lawn...." on each sheet of paper then use a paper cutter.

each bag of seed has yielded around 300-310 bags of seed to pass out.

My phone has started ringing, only a few more using this method, however the season is upon us.

Zippy-Phil
    Attached Files

Comment

So instead of spending money with mailing post cards I have been using the "grass seed campaign".

Cost without fuel

Laser printer
      I fit 8 "Sprinkle these seeds where your lawn...." on each sheet of paper then use a paper cutter.

My phone has started ringing, only a few more using this method, however the season is upon us.

Zippy-Phil
      kool zippy glad to hear your hard work its starting to pan out, your flyer its very friendly too

Comment

I've seen the bag approach but the people don't give the potential customers seeds (Which is a great idea).

The bags I see have a rock in them along with a flier of the services. The rock keeps the bag from flying away and also allows the person handing them out to throw them from their vehicle.

I haven't done this though because I see it as littering the peoples' yards.
        It takes at least two steps to be 3 steps ahead!

Comment

Very very creative! How are you passing them out? Are you going door to door and knocking? Or do you leave them on the step?

Also, do you give the customer instructions on how to use the seed in your marketing material?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

i found one of these on my driveway last week, only it had a few pebbles in to weigh it down. I like the idea of seed.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I got 2 calls more calls today. lol! I am driving slow though neighborhoods and pitching them out the windows like a paper boy pro! I have been working hard. I got excited when one person called and told me the "other guy" who was doing their lawn stopped doing lawn service all together. I now have the potential of picking up 5-7 MORE now knowing this. I already asked the customer who else to contact.

Comment

it takes many mailings for people to notice. what i have done is to drive around and find the area you want to target get the addresses and mail to those homes every month. you will see it takes a couple of months for people to respond. but once it starts it just takes off.

Comment

Please review my post card. I am open to some changes.

zippy-phil
                  Very nice! Only suggestion I have is that I don't know that I would use gardener. We are lawn and landscape service providers not gardeners. I would use something like, is your lawn service provider missing! Just my opinion!

Comment

Do you think people would put more value in it if the marketing material was placed at their door step?

Would it be worth while experimenting in certain neighborhoods to do it that way and see if you get more calls because of it?
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Cost without fuel

Laser printer

Zippy-Phil
                      I absolutely love this idea! Would it be ok to use your idea? What does the flyer in the bag say? What if I placed one of my business cards in the bag too?

Comment

4 more calls since my last posting.

Comment

How is this marketing method now comparing to others you have experimented with as far as responses go?

Comment

WOW ok so I have been busy. Yah know, I.m lazy. This should just be the only place I post anything. Someone asked what the saying was that I was using on my grass seed packets.

Sprinkle these seeds
                            where your lawn is bare
                            Give us a call when you need
                            reliable lawn care.

ADD YOUR OWN NAME & NUMBER
                            FILL SNACK SIZE BAGGIE WITH 1/3 CUP OF SEEDS

I got a few new calls with the latest batch I throw out. I thought it was around 400 bags but wife says 800 ish, either way I made new contacts in a decent area. I have now learned from one customer their old lawn guy quit at the end of the year. the customers already knew this so it was not a shock.(working on getting his contacts) So I got that customer, her mother in laws and her sister in laws house AND business location!

I also over the winter months met up with another successful lawn/ landscape company who will be farming more work to me! (big lot mowing, model homes,home builders!) I wish I met this guy 10 months ago!

I spammed out (not really spamed) but I sent my company contact info to about 15 REO companies at the end of last year, but I got 2 emails from Safeguard. I don't have high hopes with this but I will check it out.

I ordered magnets for my truck the Thursday before this post. They should be here Tuesday.

A guy picked up my card 5 months ago and finally called me 2 weeks ago, wanting a near backyard makeover. I set everything up, designed it all out. Customer wanted to have legit railroad ties installed all around the border of the fence. It looks GREAT! 15YD of top soil also added.

THE TIME IS NOW!

in fact I SHOULD BE BAGGING MORE GRASS SEED!!

READ THIS SITE.

TOP TO BOTTOM

WATCH YOU TUBE VIDEOS IF YOU HAVE TO

I have learned a lot in the past 8 months.

I did a pressure washing job for a customer and now she wants a deck made with the composite stuff.

I started last summer and I am around 35 regular customer, not including 4 that stopped during the winter months that have now remembered to call ME, and not some other guy.

Every customer loved the idea of the grass seed BTW. Some got a kick out of it because it looked like the other type of grass...lol. That person got me 4 new ones too!

I also was able to get a 48" ex-mark pioneer this year.

QUESTIONS?

Comment

That is fantastic! Will you be redistributing your flyer and grass seed to the same houses again some time this year or what are your future marketing plans as the season gets under way here?

Comment

Working...
                              X