sms text message marketing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sms text message marketing

So I was driving today do the highway and o was thinking how can I get my name out there besides referrals and people seeing my sign. I was wondering if there was a program for my android that when I walk into a place my phone automatically sends a text message to everyone around me about my business. So I started doing research and found something call sms marketing and I was wondering if anyone has used this kind of service before. I come up with stupid ideals sometimes that why my old lady says she can tell I am a entrepneour

never used it or heard of it. sounds like it could be kinda cool. did you try it???

Comment

So I was driving today do the highway and o was thinking how can I get my name out there besides referrals and people seeing my sign. I was wondering if there was a program for my android that when I walk into a place my phone automatically sends a text message to everyone around me about my business. So I started doing research and found something call sms marketing and I was wondering if anyone has used this kind of service before. I come up with stupid ideals sometimes that why my old lady says she can tell I am a entrepneour
      First of all, I think it's a great idea and to really think outside the box. However, (and here is my personal opinion, not business opinion), nothing I hate worse than receiving a text message, phone call or email from someone that I never signed up to receive information from. I think the route you should take is have clients sign up to receive monthly or weekly discounts via SMS text.
      Twitter
      Facebook
      LinkedIn
      Website

Comment

They may be annoying...but I always read them. I have no idea why. I guess because I'm so used to getting text messages from friends I always read it. If I got one that said "XXXXXXX Lawn Services is in your area right now!" I'd google it to see who the he!! they were.

Comment

They may be annoying...but I always read them. I have no idea why. I guess because I'm so used to getting text messages from friends I always read it. If I got one that said "XXXXXXX Lawn Services is in your area right now!" I'd google it to see who the he!! they were.
          I have to admit, I would do the same
          Twitter
          Facebook
          LinkedIn
          Website

Comment

Make it customized to say,

"Hey hun, it's been awhile. You look really good, you should come check me out at ***website***"

Don't forget to add boobs to the message.

Comment

I'd be effiing pi$$ed if I got some crap like that.

EDIT: Not what Cheese said - If I saw boobs I'd be happy the rest of the day.

Comment

same here i just about lose my mind when i get atext asking me to buy something...but yes cheese boobs would def be nice

Comment

It just hit me. This would be the electronic version of putting a flyer and a rock in a baggie and tossing it in every driveway.

Comment

It just hit me. This would be the electronic version of putting a flyer and a rock in a baggie and tossing it in every driveway.

If you really think about it, its not really too much different from door hangers or someone stuffing something in your mailbox through target marketing. Whats the difference??

Comment

If you really think about it, its not really too much different from door hangers or someone stuffing something in your mailbox through target marketing. Whats the difference??
                      People have to pay to receive text messages.
                      Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

People have to pay to receive text messages.
                        You have to pay to have a land line phone as well. That doesnt stop the unsolicited telemarketers.

Comment

You have to pay to have a land line phone as well. That doesnt stop the unsolicited telemarketers.
                          It doesn't cost extra for phone calls on a land line phone. You cost me money and I'm coming after you. Also, you can hang up on a telemarketer. A text comes through whether you want it or not. Even if you don't read it, it costs the receiver money.

I would imagine that you'd have to have a double opt-in service (a request and then a confirmation) before you'd be able to use something like this for the reasons I mentioned.
                          Last edited by mark123; 10-08-2012, 08:15 AM.
                          Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

The things you described are not legal without a permit in many locations.

I understand that it's a form of marketing - it's just a form that I (and many others) find offensive.
                            Do you enjoy getting calls from telemarketers?

I didn't think so.

Comment

The main problems I see are
                              your marketing would not be focused at all.
                              Texting that many people would end up in prank calls, please stop calls....

Comment

Working...
                              X