Marketing plan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing plan

I need to do something to attract a few clients off the bat. There is a higher income housing development pretty close by.

I'm thinking of sending out postcards to the development maybe 3-4 mailings. If I can land at least 1 customer in their, then I can start to build a referral base.

What do you guys think about this?
    sigpic
    Carlisle Lawn Care

Doing one lawn at a reduced rate for a year in that neighborhood may be a way to go. Post cards are expensive and often gives back a poor response.
    Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
    Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
    CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

Doing one lawn at a reduced rate for a year in that neighborhood may be a way to go. Post cards are expensive and often gives back a poor response.
      How do I even go about getting a customer in that neighborhood though?

I was thinking a few mailings of a postcard with deals on them like pay for 4 mowings and get the 5th one free, or something else.
      sigpic
      Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Drive the neighborhood and look for some of the easiest yards to do. Tell them your wanting to get your foot in the door in their neighborhood and you would be willing to do their yard for X to do so for X period of time.

Make them an offer they can't refuse. Once your in, if your good, folks will take notice.

Also make sure to tell them to keep their price to themselves. You don't want the reputation of being the cheapest guy around.
        Last edited by Sprinkler Buddy; 08-02-2012, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Drive the neighborhood and look for some of the easiest yards to do. Tell them your wanting to get your foot in the door in their neighborhood and you would be willing to do their yard for X to do so for X period of time.

Make them an offer they can't refuse. Once your in, if your good, folks will take notice.

Also make sure to tell them to keep their price to themselves. You don't want the reputation of being the cheapest guy around.
          Well thats honestly what I want to avoid. I certainly don't like salesmen coming to my door, and here you need permits to go door to door and you have to pay monthly for them.
          sigpic
          Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Just go start mowing a couple lawns in that neighborhood. Then just send the people a bill.

Comment

Just go start mowing a couple lawns in that neighborhood. Then just send the people a bill.
              Hahahahaha...I don't know how well that would go....
              sigpic
              Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

TruGreen does it with spraying so I say go for it with mowings. If the homeowner comes out just run him and his mower down.

Comment

TruGreen does it with spraying so I say go for it with mowings. If the homeowner comes out just run him and his mower down.
                  I can just feel the impending lawsuits coming.
                  sigpic
                  Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

For $100 I could send a postcard to all of the houses in that development, not a bad price especially if I even got just one client.
                    sigpic
                    Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Is there a Craigslist listing for your area?

I'm just asking because you keep posting everywhere that you need customers, but have little money to advertise. Free is free and just because some people say that all you get is terrible, cheap clients from CL, that only happens if you let it.

I had great success using CL last season. Not as good this season, but really, all sorts of people look there for services.

That said, $100 to target a specific cluster of homes that you'd really like to get "in" with might not be a bad deal if you pick up a few of them.

What's $100 in the grand scheme of things anyway? You'll put that much in your gas tank every week.

Comment

That said, $100 to target a specific cluster of homes that you'd really like to get "in" with might not be a bad deal if you pick up a few of them.

What's $100 in the grand scheme of things anyway? You'll put that much in your gas tank every week.
                        I think thats a good idea also since its targeted. Typically people pay to do whole neighborhoods and you get a lot of apartments, condos, and general people that wont pay for service.

Comment

For $100 I could send a postcard to all of the houses in that development, not a bad price especially if I even got just one client.
                          With that amount of $, you can't go wrong. Even if no one calls, you haven't lost much. Go for it!

Comment

Is there a Craigslist listing for your area?

I'm just asking because you keep posting everywhere that you need customers, but have little money to advertise. Free is free and just because some people say that all you get is terrible, cheap clients from CL, that only happens if you let it.

I had great success using CL last season. Not as good this season, but really, all sorts of people look there for services.

There isn't one for my specific area but there is one for harrisburg. I had a listing up for about a month, it got flagged for removal yesterday, I don't know why. I had one person visit my website from it, but they were in Michigan.

Its not that I don't have the money to advertise, I just don't want to spend a whole lot right now on advertising. I would rather wait until fall and advertise cleanups, or wait until spring and really advertise my lawn service.
                            sigpic
                            Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

For my postcards this is what I'm thinking of including
                              1. Pay for 4 mowings and get the 5th free
                              2. Be the first new customer in your neighborhood and receive 15% off your first month of service
                              3.Receive 5$ for every friend or family that hires me from your referrals.

I think i'm going to make a customer appreciation page on my site that goes more into depth of the customer referral.

What do you guys think?
                              sigpic
                              Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Working...
                              X