X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LawnBoy0311
    started a topic Postcard mailings????

Postcard mailings????

Anyone utilize this service? By that I mean paying an outside company to mail postcards for you. I have been thinking about it, but I don't know if I want to spend the $$ for it. Call me cheap. If you've done it, have you had any responses from it?

• xandrew245x
    replied
    does your kit have the same page? just with different numbers?
    It is laid out slightly different, but it does have all the same information, actually it looks to have a little more information.

Leave a comment:

• Chaz
    replied
    Yeah that would be odd, I don't know why it would be different state to state or why they would change it in a couple weeks.

either way, I still don't know if I can use envelopes yet, need to get an example made up and taken to the post office.
    does your kit have the same page? just with different numbers?

Leave a comment:

• xandrew245x
    replied
    Probably received mine 6 - 8 weeks ago, maybe they changed it, or maybe its different for my state, that would be odd...
    Yeah that would be odd, I don't know why it would be different state to state or why they would change it in a couple weeks.

either way, I still don't know if I can use envelopes yet, need to get an example made up and taken to the post office.

Leave a comment:

• Chaz
    replied
    Probably received mine 6 - 8 weeks ago, maybe they changed it, or maybe its different for my state, that would be odd...

Leave a comment:

• xandrew245x
    replied
    ..... Look, it requires 11.5 inches... not 10.5"... I have uploaded the picture of the size referencing. #12 envelopes aren't long enough either, (I think)

I scanned the page and have placed red boxes over the important parts.

I don't know how old your is, but I think its a little outdated, here is the one I received a week ago. Also I verified with both local post offices and the small business support office for usps that it is 10.5"
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Chaz
    replied
    ..... Look, it requires 11.5 inches... not 10.5"... I have uploaded the picture of the size referencing. #12 envelopes aren't long enough either, (I think)

I scanned the page and have placed red boxes over the important parts.

Leave a comment:

• xandrew245x
    replied
    He was pretty quick to reply, he said no where in the rules does it say that envelopes can not be sent using direct mail services.

He said the best thing to do is get one together that I want to send and take it to the post office that serves the route I need, if they say I can send them, I am supposed to get their name so when I go back to mail all of them, and a different person says no, I can say so and so said I could.

Leave a comment:

• xandrew245x
    replied
    What did you ask him and what answer did he give? I am going to send him an email.

Leave a comment:

• LawnBoy0311
    replied
    Called two local post offices, they both said I could use #10 envelopes with every door direct.

Called the small business support for usps, they told me no I can't, I said what about #12 envelopes which would exceed the 10.5 minimum length, they said no, you can't send envelopes at all with every door direct, so now I am even more confused.

They lady from small business support said you can only send postcards, so I guess that's what I will be doing unless I address and stamp a whole bunch of envelopes.

BTW I am really really irritated now!
    Exactly what I mean by its so much easier to buy a ton of stamps. I got an email from this guy today

michael.planty@usps.sutherlandglobal.com

He said to email him with questions. So everyone curious...feel free to email him!!

Leave a comment:

• xandrew245x
    replied
    I'm part time too. I started June 1st with 2 customers. Last night I had 15. I have a helper with me too. Most are biweekly accounts, I have a few weekly. But during my "slower" weeks, I have other projects to do. Its been very busy for me, which is good. I agree 100000000% about fridays!! I try to get everything done by friday so I can drink my face off all weekend. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't....like today.

The way I see it, grow while you can. In 2 months I went from making $80 a month to $1500. my goal for next year is a full time guy cutting. He's already been hired and is 100% for the idea. Awesome worker too. We've already worked out the details.
    Called two local post offices, they both said I could use #10 envelopes with every door direct.

Called the small business support for usps, they told me no I can't, I said what about #12 envelopes which would exceed the 10.5 minimum length, they said no, you can't send envelopes at all with every door direct, so now I am even more confused.

They lady from small business support said you can only send postcards, so I guess that's what I will be doing unless I address and stamp a whole bunch of envelopes.

BTW I am really really irritated now!
    Last edited by xandrew245x; 08-24-2012, 11:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LawnBoy0311
    replied
    I'm part time too. I started June 1st with 2 customers. Last night I had 15. I have a helper with me too. Most are biweekly accounts, I have a few weekly. But during my "slower" weeks, I have other projects to do. Its been very busy for me, which is good. I agree 100000000% about fridays!! I try to get everything done by friday so I can drink my face off all weekend. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't....like today.

The way I see it, grow while you can. In 2 months I went from making $80 a month to $1500. my goal for next year is a full time guy cutting. He's already been hired and is 100% for the idea. Awesome worker too. We've already worked out the details.

Leave a comment:

• xandrew245x
    replied
    I get it now, it all makes sense. Thanks for the help! It seems as if no one can figure it out, and every postal worker says something different. The response time from your mailing is pretty damn quick!

I think I want to try and do 10,000 early next year, all on postcards. My business this year has picked up really quick, I didn't plan on it doing this well. So I have some big plans for next year, I figure 10,000 will give me a good start.
    I am only part time, so I think I am going to do about 500, if I get 1 or 2 from that I would be happy, and then maybe i'll target another neighborhood, or follow up that neighborhood with some postcards or something.

I only want about 10-12 mowing clients for now, I would like to have friday evenings off and sundays for family time. If I grow more then I will defiantly hire someone if i can't handle it.

Since the postage would only be about $140, maybe i'll send out about 1,000, 500 letters and 500 postcards and compare the results. I would easily be able to tell which item gave me a call based off of where they live.

I was just at the courthouse tuesday for my marriage license, I should have went and registered my business!
    Last edited by xandrew245x; 08-24-2012, 06:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• xandrew245x
    replied
    Ok, look I asked my local post office if number 10 was good, they said yes, they called around to other post masters they all said yes, then i guess they called the head honcho who was out of town for a week so after i had printed them she said no. #10 envelopes will not work. she said that they do not meet the requirements for EDDM. However, since they had already told me yes they said that they would send what I have printed.

If you just put 1 paper inside an envelope and close it, and lay it flat on the table it will poof to be about .25" I didn't bother trying to argue this because there was no need since they would allow what I had anyway.

The #10 envelopes don't meet the Length and Width requirements. It has to be like 11.5" Long OR 6.5" Tall OR .25" thick (I don't have the packet in front of me) So yes, if you turn the envelope vertical It will be more than 6.5" tall, however, there is a statement somewhere on one of the pages that says that the longest side is the length and the shortest side is the height (or something to that extent). Like I said I don have the packet in front of me so I cannot tell you what page it's on.

BUT If your Post office will accept the #10 envelopes, that's on them if someone else tells them that they can't do that, so go for it!

Also so far I have received 6 or 7 calls total from this advertising. gave two estimates today, one couldn't afford (these people were like 85+ years old)

Got a new lawn that is priced at $135 a cut, Yeah, its big.
    She said to me she was pretty sure, but before I went crazy she was going to double check, she said she would call someone, I forget who and get back to me. She called me back and said yes they are okay, they just are not considered a flat, they are considered a parcel, and can still be used. I am going to give the post office a call that I am going to be mailing out of and see what they say.

If worst comes to worse, I can get #12 envelopes which are big enough!

On a second note, the whole packet says about "flats" but there is a really small section that talks about parcels, which are anything .007" thicken min and 3" min size, and the way it seems they can be shipped using every door direct, I mean why else would they even mention it on the packet then?
    Last edited by xandrew245x; 08-24-2012, 06:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LawnBoy0311
    replied
    I get it now, it all makes sense. Thanks for the help! It seems as if no one can figure it out, and every postal worker says something different. The response time from your mailing is pretty damn quick!

I think I want to try and do 10,000 early next year, all on postcards. My business this year has picked up really quick, I didn't plan on it doing this well. So I have some big plans for next year, I figure 10,000 will give me a good start.

Leave a comment:

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X