No announcement yet.

Postcard mailings????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is one neighborhood I really want to target, I think I am going to try it out. I mean its only $200, and if it works, I could make way more than that off of just one repeat customer.
    what state are you in?

Comment

Pennsylvania
      sigpic
      Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Alright I'm a bit slow. I have postcards now, can I use those? Am I printing labels and putting them on the post cards?

Comment

Alright I'm a bit slow. I have postcards now, can I use those? Am I printing labels and putting them on the post cards?
          you have gotta get the free kit from usps or stop by ur post office and ask them about it, they prolly wont have a kit for free but they have one they can show u

Comment

you have gotta get the free kit from usps or stop by ur post office and ask them about it, they prolly wont have a kit for free but they have one they can show u
            I got the free kit. It didn't tell me how to make the ad's. I'll try to look it over this weekend. To make the kit short and sweet, it pretty much says...go online and read about it.

Comment

I got the free kit. It didn't tell me how to make the ad's. I'll try to look it over this weekend. To make the kit short and sweet, it pretty much says...go online and read about it.
              the postal service has a list of online companies that will print and create your ad for you

also, it really helps to talk to someone at the post office, because they are going to be ones who decide if they can accept it. so ask them, make sure you ask them how they should be labeled and all as well.

Comment

that makes more sense.

I'll try talking to someone at the post office. I try never to go there, the turn over rate is high where I live. The lines are long, workers are lazy/rude/using the "Thats not my department" excuse. Maybe if I sprinkle some powder on my hand and give them the ole 5 fingers to the face, they will help me.

Comment

that makes more sense.

I'll try talking to someone at the post office. I try never to go there, the turn over rate is high where I live. The lines are long, workers are lazy/rude/using the "Thats not my department" excuse. Maybe if I sprinkle some powder on my hand and give them the ole 5 fingers to the face, they will help me.
                  Let us know what you find out, i'm curious if you can send postcards and other sorts of mail like this. From what I read it just has to weigh under 6oz and be a certain thickness and its good to go. I didn't see anything about actual size.
                  sigpic
                  Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

I ordered a free kit. I did a little more reading on it, and I guess they can do different sizes, so it sounds like you could mail postcards if you wanted.
                    sigpic
                    Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

After reading a half a page of this...

https://ribbs.usps.gov/simplifiedmai...Puserguide.pdf

I realized its not even worth my time. If I understood it right, you have to have an imprint of their symbol on your post cards? This sounds like a big hassle to me. I think I'll just buy a crap ton of stamps and mail them out myself.

If anyone has used Every Day Direct Mail, share your story with us.

Comment

that makes more sense.

I think they want a little pwder srinkled on the counter and short straw-if you know what I mean

Comment

I received my free kit today, from what I understand its only for sending postcards and such. I don't know if you can send stuff in envelopes, correct me if I am wrong.

From what I understand all you have to put on one small section is the words "Local Postal Customer" the return address, and a place for the stamp, you then bundle them into 50-100 groups, and print and apply the forward slip with the amount in each bundle and the rest of the information. You then just take it to the right post office, pay for it and off it goes.
                          sigpic
                          Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Post cards are too small.

Even #10 envelopes are too small unless they are .25" thick

pay attention to the size requirements take a sample and ask your local post office if they will accept it before you print them.

I sent 1,301 and they went out today, got 4 calls in like 3 hours, expecting many more tomorrow.

Postage was only like $188.65

vs stamps @ $585.45

and without the hassle or cost of getting a mailing list.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Chaz; 08-22-2012, 11:16 PM.

Comment

pay attention to the size requirements take a sample and ask your local post office if they will accept it before you print them.

I sent 1,301 and they went out today, got 4 calls in like 3 hours, expecting many more tomorrow.

vs stamps @ $585.45

Alright, enlighten me. Because now I'm curious how it works.

Did you find a place to print your ad's? Then after printing them and getting them, you took them to the post office and they did the rest? What exactly did you have to do? I plan to send out like 10,000 for next year, and need to start planning now. By getting those calls, I'm not shocked at all. I was reading an article yesterday and they say mailing ad's to houses is still the #1 method of advertising. But 4 calls in 3 hours, thats insane!

Comment

vs stamps @ $585.45

What are you talking about? Postcards are not to small, in my free kit, one of the examples was a regular post card.

I think you are confused, it says it has to be a minimum of .007" thick, which is only 3 sheets of paper thick. Then it can be any greater than .25"

It only has to be at least .25" thick IF it does exceed 10.5" in length or .6.125" in height.

So yes, if you were sending envelopes they would have to be atleast .25"
                                sigpic
                                Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X