• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaz
    replied
    http://www.everydoordirectmail.com/Pricing

I'd love to do 10k. that includes postage. $2,700 - $2,900

I received 7 calls within the first 24 hours of mailing these out. Could you imagine getting 50 calls?

50 calls at a .5% response rate

even cheaper 10k post cards at just over 7 cents a piece

http://www.40offset.com/products/postcards
    Last edited by Chaz; 08-24-2012, 12:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chaz
    replied
    I talked to my local post office, they said I can use #10 envelopes with every door direct mailing.

She said that to just follow the same steps as I would as if I was sending a flat, she said just pick the route, print and fill out the information needed, and print the information on the front of the envelopes that is required.
    Ok, look I asked my local post office if number 10 was good, they said yes, they called around to other post masters they all said yes, then i guess they called the head honcho who was out of town for a week so after i had printed them she said no. #10 envelopes will not work. she said that they do not meet the requirements for EDDM. However, since they had already told me yes they said that they would send what I have printed.

If you just put 1 paper inside an envelope and close it, and lay it flat on the table it will poof to be about .25" I didn't bother trying to argue this because there was no need since they would allow what I had anyway.

The #10 envelopes don't meet the Length and Width requirements. It has to be like 11.5" Long OR 6.5" Tall OR .25" thick (I don't have the packet in front of me) So yes, if you turn the envelope vertical It will be more than 6.5" tall, however, there is a statement somewhere on one of the pages that says that the longest side is the length and the shortest side is the height (or something to that extent). Like I said I don have the packet in front of me so I cannot tell you what page it's on.

BUT If your Post office will accept the #10 envelopes, that's on them if someone else tells them that they can't do that, so go for it!

Also so far I have received 6 or 7 calls total from this advertising. gave two estimates today, one couldn't afford (these people were like 85+ years old)

Got a new lawn that is priced at $135 a cut, Yeah, its big.

Leave a comment:

• Chaz
    replied
    Alright, enlighten me. Because now I'm curious how it works.

Did you find a place to print your ad's? Then after printing them and getting them, you took them to the post office and they did the rest? What exactly did you have to do? I plan to send out like 10,000 for next year, and need to start planning now. By getting those calls, I'm not shocked at all. I was reading an article yesterday and they say mailing ad's to houses is still the #1 method of advertising. But 4 calls in 3 hours, thats insane!
    I actually printed the required stuff for the post office on envelopes printed letters then put my business card in it sealed them and after 1300 took them to post office after i chose which routes i wanted and they did the rest.

with 10,000 I would highly recommend you get them printed, it would be more cost efficient probably with such a high number.

Leave a comment:

• xandrew245x
    replied
    I talked to my local post office, they said I can use #10 envelopes with every door direct mailing.

She said that to just follow the same steps as I would as if I was sending a flat, she said just pick the route, print and fill out the information needed, and print the information on the front of the envelopes that is required.

Leave a comment:

• xandrew245x
    replied
    What are you talking about? Postcards are not to small, in my free kit, one of the examples was a regular post card.

I think you are confused, it says it has to be a minimum of .007" thick, which is only 3 sheets of paper thick. Then it can be any greater than .25"

It only has to be at least .25" thick IF it does exceed 10.5" in length or .6.125" in height.

So yes, if you were sending envelopes they would have to be atleast .25"
    And out of curiosity, how did you get your envelopes to be .25" thick? Did you stuff them that full of material, or did you buy bigger envelopes.

Also, did you print all the required stuff on the front of it with your printer, or did you order envelopes? I guess it wouldn't be to hard to draw something up in photoshop and print a couple hundred envelopes, I did find a website that I can buy them from though.

Lawnboy, you design and print your material, in the lower right hand side from what I understand you have to put the box for the stamp, your return address and the words "local postal customer" this is what I understood from my free kit, but chaz would know since he has actually done this before.

BTW ignore the .007" thickness, that is if it is considered a parcel, and I assume you can't ship parcels with every door direct?
    Last edited by xandrew245x; 08-23-2012, 06:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• xandrew245x
    replied
    Post cards are too small.

Even #10 envelopes are too small unless they are .25" thick

pay attention to the size requirements take a sample and ask your local post office if they will accept it before you print them.

I sent 1,301 and they went out today, got 4 calls in like 3 hours, expecting many more tomorrow.

Postage was only like $188.65

vs stamps @ $585.45

and without the hassle or cost of getting a mailing list.
    What are you talking about? Postcards are not to small, in my free kit, one of the examples was a regular post card.

I think you are confused, it says it has to be a minimum of .007" thick, which is only 3 sheets of paper thick. Then it can be any greater than .25"

It only has to be at least .25" thick IF it does exceed 10.5" in length or .6.125" in height.

So yes, if you were sending envelopes they would have to be atleast .25"

Leave a comment:

• LawnBoy0311
    replied

pay attention to the size requirements take a sample and ask your local post office if they will accept it before you print them.

I sent 1,301 and they went out today, got 4 calls in like 3 hours, expecting many more tomorrow.

vs stamps @ $585.45

Alright, enlighten me. Because now I'm curious how it works.

Did you find a place to print your ad's? Then after printing them and getting them, you took them to the post office and they did the rest? What exactly did you have to do? I plan to send out like 10,000 for next year, and need to start planning now. By getting those calls, I'm not shocked at all. I was reading an article yesterday and they say mailing ad's to houses is still the #1 method of advertising. But 4 calls in 3 hours, thats insane!

Leave a comment:

• Chaz
    replied

vs stamps @ $585.45

Attached Files
    Last edited by Chaz; 08-22-2012, 11:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• xandrew245x
    replied
    I received my free kit today, from what I understand its only for sending postcards and such. I don't know if you can send stuff in envelopes, correct me if I am wrong.

From what I understand all you have to put on one small section is the words "Local Postal Customer" the return address, and a place for the stamp, you then bundle them into 50-100 groups, and print and apply the forward slip with the amount in each bundle and the rest of the information. You then just take it to the right post office, pay for it and off it goes.

Leave a comment:

• stevef1201
    replied
    that makes more sense.

I'll try talking to someone at the post office. I try never to go there, the turn over rate is high where I live. The lines are long, workers are lazy/rude/using the "Thats not my department" excuse. Maybe if I sprinkle some powder on my hand and give them the ole 5 fingers to the face, they will help me.
    I think they want a little pwder srinkled on the counter and short straw-if you know what I mean

Leave a comment:

• LawnBoy0311
    replied
    After reading a half a page of this...

https://ribbs.usps.gov/simplifiedmai...Puserguide.pdf

I realized its not even worth my time. If I understood it right, you have to have an imprint of their symbol on your post cards? This sounds like a big hassle to me. I think I'll just buy a crap ton of stamps and mail them out myself.

If anyone has used Every Day Direct Mail, share your story with us.

Leave a comment:

• xandrew245x
    replied
    I ordered a free kit. I did a little more reading on it, and I guess they can do different sizes, so it sounds like you could mail postcards if you wanted.

Leave a comment:

• xandrew245x
    replied
    that makes more sense.

I'll try talking to someone at the post office. I try never to go there, the turn over rate is high where I live. The lines are long, workers are lazy/rude/using the "Thats not my department" excuse. Maybe if I sprinkle some powder on my hand and give them the ole 5 fingers to the face, they will help me.
    Let us know what you find out, i'm curious if you can send postcards and other sorts of mail like this. From what I read it just has to weigh under 6oz and be a certain thickness and its good to go. I didn't see anything about actual size.

Leave a comment:

• LawnBoy0311
    replied
    that makes more sense.

Leave a comment:

• Chaz
    replied
    I got the free kit. It didn't tell me how to make the ad's. I'll try to look it over this weekend. To make the kit short and sweet, it pretty much says...go online and read about it.
    the postal service has a list of online companies that will print and create your ad for you

also, it really helps to talk to someone at the post office, because they are going to be ones who decide if they can accept it. so ask them, make sure you ask them how they should be labeled and all as well.

Leave a comment:

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X