No announcement yet.

Postcard mailings????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did the mailing this year but like most I went out to the neighborhoods and got the addresses I wanted off the houses or mail boxes. Out of the hundreds of flyers and post cards sent out I got 3 large lawn installs and that was it. This is my first year as a company and it has been a rough one however I refuse to be one that fails so itís out to the pounding the pavement again today.
    I think postcards are more effective if you target certain areas. What I'm planning on doing is sending out postcards with specials on them to a housing development that is higher class and has property sizes of at least 1 acre. I'm only sending out about 100 post cards, I might do more than one mailing if I get atleast 1-2 customers from this and I do a great job, they start talking about me and word of mouth gets me more customers. Its all in how you use the postcards.
    sigpic
    Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

https://www.usps.com/business/every-...irect-mail.htm

Pick the neighborhood you want to advertise to. Seems like a good deal.
      http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

Yall are all doing it all wrong, send a letter introducing your business to the person.

I am currently printing out 1300 letters

i will have the letter inside a #10 envelope with a business card

It will cost me $0.223 per letter including postage, envelope, business card, ink, paper.

It will take a lot of time though stuffing all of them... I think im going to pay a couple of friends to help

I did this earlier in the year with about 300 letters got about $10k in business from it (and still counting) a lot of people hang on to them.

maybe this mailing will give me $40k?

This is my first in business year by the way

Comment

Yall are all doing it all wrong, send a letter introducing your business to the person.

I am currently printing out 1300 letters

i will have the letter inside a #10 envelope with a business card

It will cost me $0.223 per letter including postage, envelope, business card, ink, paper.

It will take a lot of time though stuffing all of them... I think im going to pay a couple of friends to help

I did this earlier in the year with about 300 letters got about $10k in business from it (and still counting) a lot of people hang on to them.

maybe this mailing will give me $40k?

This is my first in business year by the way
          Not sure where you live, but standard postage around here is $.44.
          sigpic
          Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Not sure where you live, but standard postage around here is $.44.
            You gotta think out side the box

Standard Postage Stamp is $.45

Post card is like $.29?

Every door direct is $.145

Jymie just posted the link for it

Comment

You gotta think out side the box

Standard Postage Stamp is $.45

Post card is like $.29?

Every door direct is $.145

Jymie just posted the link for it
              so they discount it that much for using every door direct?
              sigpic
              Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

so they discount it that much for using every door direct?
                yeah man, you don't even need an address list!

Comment

I thought about doing letters, I feel like its more personal, but I have a feeling they would get thrown away for the most part, but you have success with them, gives me more hope.

How did you go about putting all the name and addresses on the envelopes? I am thinking about just using windowed envelopes and putting the address and everything on the letter and show through the window.

Or do you give them the addresses and they do the rest?
                  sigpic
                  Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

I thought about doing letters, I feel like its more personal, but I have a feeling they would get thrown away for the most part, but you have success with them, gives me more hope.

How did you go about putting all the name and addresses on the envelopes? I am thinking about just using windowed envelopes and putting the address and everything on the letter and show through the window.

Or do you give them the addresses and they do the rest?
                    https://www.usps.com/business/every-...irect-mail.htm

try their demo too

Comment

Thats pretty cool, now it says 514 houses it would be delivered too, do I have to make that many letters or can you make less than that and they will hand it out to whoever it randomly generates?
                      sigpic
                      Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Thats pretty cool, now it says 514 houses it would be delivered too, do I have to make that many letters or can you make less than that and they will hand it out to whoever it randomly generates?
                        im learning about it myself but im pretty sure u can exclude neighborhoods or specific addresses if u want

Comment

i just got my "kit" from the usps. it makes no damn sense at all. or maybe i'm an idiot. it explains that your coming up with an advertisement to have the mailman deliver to every house on his/her route. you don't need address's, you can pick the target streets online when you create where you want them to be delivered. you can only do 500 at a time. the price is cheap too! one problem though...it doesn't even tell you how to create the ad!! i gotta do more research. if/when i figure it out, i want to try to get like 10,000 out.

Comment

i just got my "kit" from the usps. it makes no damn sense at all. or maybe i'm an idiot. it explains that your coming up with an advertisement to have the mailman deliver to every house on his/her route. you don't need address's, you can pick the target streets online when you create where you want them to be delivered. you can only do 500 at a time. the price is cheap too! one problem though...it doesn't even tell you how to create the ad!! i gotta do more research. if/when i figure it out, i want to try to get like 10,000 out.
                            From what I understand you just print the required stickers and stuff out and put them on your mail then take it to the post office that services that route. On the one printable sheet you can write excluded addresses, but wow if you only wanted to do 200 and you had 500 on that route, that would be a lot of excluded addresses to write down. I'm sure you can give them any amount under the amount your paying for..but you will be doing just that, paying for it so you mys well get your monies worth and send all 500.

Its a great deal though, I can target that same neighborhood i wanted to, plus the surrounding area for a total of 504 residential houses for only $74 in mailing cost. I'm going to guess maybe another $100 or so for paper, envelopes, ink and everything else, so only a total of at most $200 to send to 500 potential customers?? sounds like a great deal. My fiance works in an office, and she folds bills and puts them in envelopes, I guarantee she probably does more than 500 a week, and it doesn't take her too long.

I think I am going to give it a try, for $200 and reaching 500 potential clients, you just can't beat that!
                            sigpic
                            Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

From what I understand you just print the required stickers and stuff out and put them on your mail then take it to the post office that services that route. On the one printable sheet you can write excluded addresses, but wow if you only wanted to do 200 and you had 500 on that route, that would be a lot of excluded addresses to write down. I'm sure you can give them any amount under the amount your paying for..but you will be doing just that, paying for it so you mys well get your monies worth and send all 500.

Its a great deal though, I can target that same neighborhood i wanted to, plus the surrounding area for a total of 504 residential houses for only $74 in mailing cost. I'm going to guess maybe another $100 or so for paper, envelopes, ink and everything else, so only a total of at most $200 to send to 500 potential customers?? sounds like a great deal. My fiance works in an office, and she folds bills and puts them in envelopes, I guarantee she probably does more than 500 a week, and it doesn't take her too long.

I think I am going to give it a try, for $200 and reaching 500 potential clients, you just can't beat that!
                              I am doing 2 routes, with everything it will be 1301 houses and cost about $330

Comment

There is one neighborhood I really want to target, I think I am going to try it out. I mean its only $200, and if it works, I could make way more than that off of just one repeat customer.
                                sigpic
                                Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Working...
                                X