No announcement yet.

Smart Advertising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so I'll break this down Barney style (insert knife chop)

You don't just spam. I chose not to add every detail of what I am doing like the self explanatory items. Such as spam.

Now in order for you to have thousands of "friends" and stay relevant on their newsfeed etc you have to post! And guess what.... If you only post spam... Yep you got it! Those "friends" will drop you. That will happen faster than FB moderators.

Look at is as more of an alter ego. Or, you can have your personal FB and still do this! Just remember EVERYTHING IN MODERATION and you'll be fine.

If you can't adapt and overcome, you are doomed to failure!

This little piece of marketing is FREE and it's effective. If you don't get at least 5k off of ONE Facebook post, you're doing it wrong. Try again, it's free.

Just remember, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative.

Now for all of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children out there, remember this is business take the emotion out of it. Make a plan and execute.

Problem solved. Problem staying solved. Rangers lead the way!

Comment

Then I offer some type of incentive to all my customers (like a free flat or 5% off) to just repost the add on their FB.

My ROI is crazy when compared to my friends (other landscapers)

I recommend giving social media a try. It's free!
      Ok so you offer a flat fee as an incentive to repost your advertisement? What kind of flat fees do you suggest paying to get this reposting done?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

To answer the question above, yes, custom post-its did do really well!

You can stick them to the underside of the mailbox lids so they basically pop out when clients go to open their mail box. They are so convenient, you can carry stacks in your pocket and go door-to-door... Carrying fliers and even business cards is a little frustrating.

Just peel and stick, peel and stick, peel and stick!

-

Also, I get TONS of calls from my website (.com and .ca).

My company is on twitter, youtube, google places, wordpress blog, reddit, ALL over facebook (I have pages for every promotion, package, etc), and even on my other websites that I own... I'm on craigslist obviously, Kijiji, other sites similar, rating sites... the list goes on.

I just bought another domain to host a different 'forum' website for fun, and it's packed with keywords from my local area, and things people would be searching for within my area - even services that I don't offer, because the website is open to local trades/utilities/services etc to advertise or for people to hire... I have all the control.

-

Getting your company plastered on the internet is actually one of the best possible things you can do, and a few years ago I wouldn't believe it.

In my local area with my top 11 competitors, my website is worth all of theirs combined, and I haven't done any real S.E.O yet.

Comment

I don't charge a flat fee or pay a flat fee.

I give something away a flat of flowers, a discount, something of value to the customer. I encourage you to get creative with it if you are going to offer something.

Now I know I've got some people upset and confused and that's OK.
          Give this a try.

If you are a business under 5 yrs old, BRANDING! that's what you should be doing.

Marketing and Advertising are more effective when you establish a brand.

*Contrary to popular belief, marketing and advertising are not the same thing.*

Get the customers you need to stay afloat, and build your brand. Then tackle marketing and advertising.

Also, make a plan. I see mostly tactics on here. The real problem is tactics aren't really effective without a strategy. So, now we see your tactic... what's your strategy? Are you calculating this? or just saying "Eh I'm just going to go door to door until someone hires me."

To me that doesn't sound effective or efficient. It doesn't sound like you will consistently see 45% or greater call back.

Calculated Risk People!

Comment

My websites have gotten me a majority of my customers this year. I didn't get any hits off of my flyers, i didn't put out enough though, not nearly enough.

I did Exact match domains for the keyword + city i was targeting and made each site different even though they all look the same. so i rank top of first page for many different cities now for lawn care and that has helped me expand to other areas around me. It was a cheap way to go and it has worked pretty good so far.

http://www.sharplawnsturf.com
            http://www.lawncaredallasga.com
            http://www.lawncareacworth.com
            http://www.lawncarekennesawga.com
            http://www.lawncarepowderspringsga.com
            http://www.lawncarewoodstockga.com

Serving Acworth, Kennesaw, Powder Springs & Woodstock, Ga
            http://www.sharplawnsturf.com

Comment

Another idea is to offer discounts during every holiday, exclusive to people online who register to your website/reddit, Google+, Google Places, linkedin, like your Facebook, follow you on twitter, etc - but by also using a percent method instead of a dollar method. This gives you full control over what the percentage actually consist of per individual job when quoting.

Note, that not everyone will jump for the deals you offer (not the point anyway); however, because your ads are online and packed with keywords and backlinks, it's similar to planting a seed that will eventually grow into one big mother of a tree later on.

-

A lot of the work will already be done for you over time... I've noticed everything I put on the internet has been (basically) stolen, and advertised on several sites I never knew existed, for free, e.g.:

I'm on Tuugo, shelf3d, lawncare.injolietarea, canpages, etc, without even registering to those sites. My ads are copied with my links and keywords.

Comment

If you are a business under 5 yrs old, BRANDING! that's what you should be doing.
                Why is branding so important for the newer business owner? We have seen a lot of discussions on branding here over the years and it seemed that branding was the thing to do once you were established.

Get the customers you need to stay afloat, and build your brand. Then tackle marketing and advertising.
                Would this time period be a year before you start branding or more or even less?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

First I'd recommend people to look up Marketing and Advertising. Learn what they are.

Second, you're probably not McDonalds, or dare I say TruGreen.

Getting enough clients is easy, regardless of the market you're in. Yes, I too have operations in BFE little town where the market is nothing but Illegal workers of all types, not just immigration.

Pay your bills, put food on the table, put some back into the Co, and eventually start putting some away for yourself. Build a solid rep, work off of the best thing out there for your business, WORD OF MOUTH.

Yes it's slow, yes it's painful. But when you build a solid brand, then market and advertise, tell me how much better off you are than your pears on year 3

...but remember LEARN the math for business. set goals and as always... CALCULATED RISK.

& as for them failing and coming back to me....
                  I out market and outsell ALL of my completion. Read my other post on the other thread. Orange Kangaroo in Denmark

Comment

WORD OF MOUTH.

Yes it's slow, yes it's painful. But when you build a solid brand, then market and advertise, tell me how much better off you are than your pears on year 3
                    With this concept, do you feel that most just give up way before word of mouth can ever take place to the scale needed?

Comment

I wouldn't sugar coat it so much as to say they just give up or anything like that. I'd say they've never really done it. Laziness is at the core though.

Most are incapable of understanding why or how. This is why they teach Order of Operations the way that they do in schools.

If you can understand that the Order being taught is wrong, and can actually understand why... well that's when you should have an epiphany. The order is taught one way for all to grasp, and yes not just in math.

For all those against what I posted up about Facebook.... take a good hard look at what is actually happening with that. It's an Illusion, a fašade, or whatever you want to call it. But what does it do? other than create massive leads and sales?
                      It would appear that a customer is referring you. Yep, it should hit you right about.... now.

Leads are good, referrals are exponentially better.

..Wait are you saying that you are creating referrals for yourself?

You got it. Then I turn the customers into referral machines for me.

If you can't or are not accurately predicting the future for your business, well you're doing it wrong. go back to the drawing board.

Comment

You got it. Then I turn the customers into referral machines for me.
                        I bet a lot of newer business owners don't ask their customer base for referrals because they are concerned they will come across as pushy. Do you have any advice to the newer start ups as to how they can get more referrals from their customers?

Comment

Yes, I do have some advice.

Stop being a pushover, and start being a business owner.

First stop asking for anything. Start DOING.

I don't ask my customers, I tell them. Just like how I tell them how much I am charging them, and how we are going to perform works, etc.

Remember though, It's all about the Illusion of control. Let them feel like they are choosing to do it. In reality, you told them to do it, so they do it. Yet they can't quite figure out how you can know the outcome. Magic!

Comment

Yes, I do have some advice.

Stop being a pushover, and start being a business owner.

First stop asking for anything. Start DOING.

I don't ask my customers, I tell them. Just like how I tell them how much I am charging them, and how we are going to perform works, etc.

Remember though, It's all about the Illusion of control. Let them feel like they are choosing to do it. In reality, you told them to do it, so they do it. Yet they can't quite figure out how you can know the outcome. Magic!

Thanks David Copperfield.

Comment

Remember though, It's all about the Illusion of control. Let them feel like they are choosing to do it. In reality, you told them to do it
                              I have a feeling this is a concept that is not coming across to the forum members. Can you give us a basic example of what you mean when you say illusion of control and how it is applied in this field?

Comment

Thanks David Copperfield.

Comment

Working...
                                X